E&B replaced with WC/P universe!

"Move *HALF*"? You realize that they fired *HALF OF THE PEOPLE WHO WORKED AT WESTWOOD*. There is no situation in the history of the universe where anyone goes "Oh, what a succesful game, lets FIRE HALF OF THE PEOPLE WHO MADE IT, CLOSE THEIR STUDIO AND RELOCATE THE REST OF THEM TO ANOTHER, PRE-EXISTING DEVELOPER".

Haesslich said:
Besides, E&B isn't a project to be so easily abandoned, even if the game's pulling in less money than UO, EQ, or AO... hell, they're still continuing with The Sims Online, despite the utter catastrophe it's proven to be so far. They can't just abandon the project.
Eh, the failure of TSO is something that got overblown by the press. EA has found TSO's performance extremely disappointing, that's true, but because they were expecting it to very rapidly surpass UO's number of players. It didn't, but last I heard, it still had about 100,000 users, which isn't horribly bad.

Anyway, rest assured that if E&B doesn't improve its performance, EA will most definitely pull the plug on it, just like they did with Motor City Online.

Quarto said:
Eh, the failure of TSO is something that got overblown by the press. EA has found TSO's performance extremely disappointing, that's true, but because they were expecting it to very rapidly surpass UO's number of players. It didn't, but last I heard, it still had about 100,000 users, which isn't horribly bad.

Anyway, rest assured that if E&B doesn't improve its performance, EA will most definitely pull the plug on it, just like they did with Motor City Online.

True, but The Sims Online was supposed to be a Myst-like success due to the non-combat nature of it, plus the fact it was a 'Sims' game... and, as we all know... it wasn't quite that sort of hit. :D

I still thought E&B had a larger userbase than MCO did, right up till its disconnect. Still, that's a good point, noting that they've done it before.

Bandit LOAF said:
"Move *HALF*"? You realize that they fired *HALF OF THE PEOPLE WHO WORKED AT WESTWOOD*. There is no situation in the history of the universe where anyone goes "Oh, what a succesful game, lets FIRE HALF OF THE PEOPLE WHO MADE IT, CLOSE THEIR STUDIO AND RELOCATE THE REST OF THEM TO ANOTHER, PRE-EXISTING DEVELOPER".
Ok I lied, the some of the half that were to be fired were already gone.....like Joe Kucan! :eek:

Bandit LOAF said:

Which is why EA continues to piss me off, regardless of their rights to WC and C&C.

Stupid business monkeys!!! :mad:

Back