dvd movies

ian_hawdon

Rear Admiral
hi

i am one of the few people who have the dvd version of wc4 and the only time i have got it to work was on a computer with a dxr2 dvd card

i would like it to work on my new computer so if any one can help please do

thankyou :(

I tried to get the WC-4 DVD to run on my new system but it refused to play any of the movie files. I hadta revert back to the CD version. I couldn't figure out a way to force the movie files to play in-game, unfortunately, but I didn't try all that hard either. I just wanted to play :)

Howdy,
Unfortunately, you can't actually play the game without a DXR2 or 3 (or their generic equivalent, the Hollywood RealMagic)... the game is programmed to look for the hardware to start and end the movies properly.

You can still watch the movies, though -- they're just .vob files on the disc. You can find a DXR2/3/Hollywood card on eBay for under five dollars, though... so, if you have an extra PCI slot, that's a good way to go (G)

The card won't *hurt* anything, though -- you just need it for WCIV... you can continue to use software stuff for watching movies and anything else.

While on the topic of DVDs, does anyone know a place in Australia where I can find a copy of the DVD Wing Commander Film?

Have you even bothered looking? I've seen them all over the place, including the fricking drug store impulse-buy section by the counter before, in Canada... They don't even sell DVDs there, normally.

In the USA, you can get it at bestbuy.com or circuitcity.com for $10 (free shipping) or if you actually go to a best buy store you can get it cheaper in the special interest or discount dvd sections (they tend to be near each other and all mixed together).

Sorry dude, searched the net for you but couldn't find a place in australia. Don't even know what DVD region that is.

$10 plus shipping from Amazon.com. And yes, they do ship DVDs internationally last I checked.

Back