DragonCon Thread!

No... the size jokes about the X-Box stem from the fact that it's larger than the other two consoles, IIRC.

It would be ridiculously inefficient for the X-Box to be the same size as a PC. People just make fun of it because it can't reach the comically small size of the GameCube, for instance.

It's not really that big, but it does weigh quite a bit. I'm always terrified I might drop it whenever I carry it anywhere.

They're about 13 pounds. Stacked about 11 high, the one on the bottom begins to crush.

Heh, heh. Crushed X-Boxes. :)

And the GameCube is cute. Small, but cute. Now that's something you could take around with you.

There's actually one really excellent X-Box travel case. It has nets built in over where the fan exhaust vents are and holes for the cables, so you don't even need to remove it from the case to play. There's more GameCube cases, but that one for the X-Box is really nice. I'd think about buying it for travel, but I have a nice big GameStop duffle bag already and all my extra controllers and stuff don't fit into most custom system bags.

My friend Jason bought one of those, and they do kick a large amount of ass. The only problem was storing the four controllers, which pretty much can't be done. Even so, I've been wanting to get one for a while, so I can quit worrying about shattered plastic.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Do hotel TVs have A/V inputs?
Depends on the hotel. Lots of swanky hotels have tvs with S-Video inputs, because of all the businessmen who have powerpoint(shudder) presentations or other kinds of presentations on their laptops, and need to see how it mirrors. Whindam hotels have A/V input.

Even if I could go I probably wouldn't. I would prefer not to meet anyone I 'know' from the internet *shudders* ;)

Meeting people you know from the internet is fine. Going alone to a country x thousand miles away to meet people you know from the internet is borderline insane. Guess which I did!

Ya know what, I like meeting new people. I would love to goto DRAGON CON! I think it would be awesome to meet a lot of you guys, you seem pretty cool (even though you guys make fun of me half the time, but I guess we all do that). Meeting people off the internet is pretty cool, there are some really great people out there and unfortunately only the bad experiences are really talked about alot. I don't think I can actually goto DRAGON CON mainly because of the distance, but I still think it would be awesome to try and make it sometime in the next couple of years. I'll cya there later!

Back