DragonCon 2007

BrynS

Mr Kat says...
So, how was it?

You guys mentioned the New York mission (to Gaia) in the news posts, as well as a visit to Baen Books and setting up in the lobby of a hotel to promote Wing Commander during DC. Hope the latter two went well and you were able to catch up with some other Wingnuts!

After some of your previous escapades I was also wondering whether you guys had any tales of daring, deceit or drollery to regale us with, perhaps even something to eclipse (sorry :p ) the mighty Danger Woman! :D

The hotel setup never happened, though I forget the reason (I think "con organizer incompetence" was contributory, though I'm not sure on that).

As for the Gaia visit, I wasn't there for that, so I couldn't comment.

On "tales of daring, deceit, or drollery", I claim the Fifth Amendment. (I'm in the US, so the US Constitution applies to me. :p )

The Gaia stuff was amazing https://www.wcnews.com/news/update/8157

The Marriott was under constructions, so all that space was lost. They offered us a table in the boonies of another hotel, but we didn't take them up on it.

Baen was interested in pursuing Pilgrim Truth, but we haven't heard anything back from them yet.

I have lots of pictures, but I might not get around to sorting them until Christmas break.

I'm not sure why Tye was so interested in Danger Woman.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair, Tye's DW story was from years ago, with only a passing mention the following year. Also, it's not uncommon for people who've survived life-threatening disasters to remember the event long afterwards.

Death said:
On "tales of daring, deceit, or drollery", I claim the Fifth Amendment. (I'm in the US, so the US Constitution applies to me. )
Heh.

A pity about the stand though; I'm sure it would have gone done well.

ChrisReid said:
Yeah, must have been great to meet all the guys 'n gals behind Arena and check out the development work -- real nice of them too to give you guys so much artwork to show the community.

ChrisReid said:
Baen was interested in pursuing Pilgrim Truth, but we haven't heard anything back from them yet
Cool. I don't have a copy of Pilgrim Stars, but I've just checked my movie novelization and see that it was published by HarperEntertainment (HarperCollins), so I assume that Pilgrim Stars was published by them too and Pilgrim Truth should have followed suit. Nice of Baen to consider picking up the third book of a trilogy that they did not carry, even though they've handled all the other Wing Commander novels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back