Dr Who

climber

Spaceman
Ok, I don't know how well Dr Who travelled to the US but...... How amazing was the episode with teh Dalek on tonight, episode 6 I think, It was fantastic, totally classic and amazin.

They haven't negotiated a channel to show it in the US yet -- but I'm looking forward to seeing it!

Dr. Who is one of the representatives of television.

Hey what was that show, it used to be on around the same time of Dr. Who where (this is pretty vague) these people are exploring these caves and in the caves are some good aliens? and some bad aliens and they all looked alike but you could tell them apart depending on what color they were. It's all I got to go on but I watched it when I was young and have very fuzzy memories of it. Though I cannot recall the shows name.

climber said:
Ok, I don't know how well Dr Who travelled to the US but...... How amazing was the episode with teh Dalek on tonight, episode 6 I think, It was fantastic, totally classic and amazin.
PBS used to show Dr. WHo all the time, I think many would agree Tom baker was the best. Dr. Who rocks!!!!

I just got done watching Dalek. It's a pretty great episode.. probably the best so far. I hadn't seen much of the previous series' but they've done a good job with this series. The main theme music is probably the best version yet too. I want an mp3 of that.

Yeah, I managed to catch tonight's episode and found it rather good. The episode trailer the BBC have been running throughout the week was very effective and even though I have unfortunately not seen many of the earlier series, a Dalek was an instantly recognisable attraction for me. Because the show's production values are so much higher than in previous series, I thought the Daleks would appear too anachronistic if revisited, but it managed to appear menacing and advanced without considerable alteration as far as I could see.

Cheers,

BrynS

for me, as a hardened dalek fan, I thought it was great. The dalek had character this time which makes a real difference rather than just exterminating everything. made it even more scary.

When the shoulder section with the plunger and gun started to revolve round, well I nearly wet myself, can't even hide behind the thing anymore.

Oh, if you americans want to check out the site it is www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho

The episode was great, it was scary to see the Dalek hover

Cpl Hades said:
I just got done watching Dalek. It's a pretty great episode.. probably the best so far. I hadn't seen much of the previous series' but they've done a good job with this series. The main theme music is probably the best version yet too. I want an mp3 of that.

You can find the video to tne intro in real video format at http://www.tv-ark.org.uk/cult/drwho/main/doctorwho-titles2005.rm

I'm sure there's a way to convert the audio to mp3

watch out, here he comes

Attachments

• 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 179
I remember when they first went up the stairs with Sylvester Mccoy in Remembrance of the Daleks. I was v scared cos I was only a kid. That was awesome. This one can go up the stairs too and does not die easily when he gets his eye shot off cos he has a shield. Remeniscent of when tanks first appeared in WW1.

I love it V much.

I have never seen Dr. Who, so could anyone please explain why those garbage cans are hovering around with a giant toilet cleaner attached to their rigth side?

Oh, think of them as metaphors for what’s inside.:)

Always liked Tom Baker best. (“Of course I'm being childish! What's the point of being an adult if you can't act childish sometimes?") But I enjoyed Jon Pertwee too.

I understand the current incarnation is #9, with #10 to appear in December. Makes me nervous. The good Doctor is running out of lives and that simply won’t do.

Dyret said:
I have never seen Dr. Who, so could anyone please explain why those garbage cans are hovering around with a giant toilet cleaner attached to their rigth side?

*sigh* Dr Who is a british sci-fi show with a dry sense of humor and traditionally a very low budget. The Daleks were first introduced in 1963, and yes, they consisted of an egg whisk for a gun and a toilet plunger for an arm.
Despite the cheesiness most of us brits grew up with Dr Who and as a result I for one can see the Daleks as nothing but a menancing killing machine. Infact my obsession grew rather large as a kid, bought all the old vids, seeing the Daleks invading London was a scary site indeed! :)

I found the first episode to be rushed and overacted, the second was much better and I loved the digs it made at nip and tucked celebrities these days "moisturise me, moisturise me *splat*". This episode was the first I'd seen since then (I have no TV at uni) and wow... I'd been waiting most of my life for the return of the Daleks. I'd already predicted it was the Daleks which had wiped out the time lords and am guessing that the end of the season will see time changing to bring about their revival...

Anyway, the episode... it was fun, the new Daleks look fantastic and very menancing, even when they've gone a little bit insane from years of toture. Cheesy, but it wouldn't be Dr Who without that. That damn voice still to this day gives me the chills, I genuinely remember being 3 years old hiding behind my sofa. Two thumbs up, the new Dr Who seems to be doing the old shows proud.

Tom Baker was also my favourite but Jon Pertwee REALLY annoyed me. Sylvester McCoy would be my next choice although Patrick Troughton was a true character as was William Hartnel.

And yes running out of lives is an issue, especially since his last regeneration, aka the valeyard is an insane nutcase.

Pedro said:
*sigh* Dr Who is a british sci-fi show with a dry sense of humor and traditionally a very low budget. The Daleks were first introduced in 1963, and yes, they consisted of an egg whisk for a gun and a toilet plunger for an arm.
Despite the cheesiness most of us brits grew up with Dr Who and as a result I for one can see the Daleks as nothing but a menancing killing machine. Infact my obsession grew rather large as a kid, bought all the old vids, seeing the Daleks invading London was a scary site indeed! :)

So its british tradition? I have to watch it sometime... Thanks for the explanation. :)

there are many DVD's available on Amazon and such, well worth having!!!!

I have to say thought, I prefer the daleks when Davros is about. He was the real route of all evil. Anyone who remembers genesis of the daleks will remember that. Or the one with the daleks and the strange funeral home where they turn the deal people into daleks, v v good.

I have the plans to make a full size mk1 or 3 dalek, how cool would that be. It takes time and materials but they sell well on eBay.

Here's what I was looking for:

inv5.jpg

Come on you have to admit they're a lot scarier than anything Star Trek conjured up in the 60s :D And yes the Daleks return at the end, I assume we get to see (and prevent) their war with the timelords.

Well, one has to ask oneself, who would I rather fight, The kilrathi who love to hunt and kill and maim lots of humans. They blow up entire planets in WC3. However, they have traitors and poets and musicians, they have culture, something worth defending. They surrender.

Or the daleks, they are bred to kill and do nothing more and nothing less. They don't care about anything else other than the total destruction of anything and everything that is not them. they have no culture, no remorse and no idea of surrender.

I know where my money is.

Back