Downloading UE ?!

N

Hi everybody,

I am looking for a link to download UE? All mirrors on the so called official page did not work!

Can anybody help me?

Thanks.

That's interesting. My uni blocks downloading of EXEs, but I can't seem to get any ZIPs either...

Blast. Curses, curses, curses. They do appear to be all gone. We'll see what we can do to get something back on-line.

Good good good. I, myself, tried to download them tonight (and I was going to wait the full 5 to 38234 hours to do it, too), but had no luck. Someone please help.

Curses I checked the other week and meant to do something about 2 being down, but now the last one too? BLAST!

They only wanted to take it down because we weren't linking to it.
Besides, the initial tide of downloads is well over.

Someone please get it up soon.

On a semi-related topic, how much, in the US, would a copy of Prophecy Gold cost?

$60US I'd guess, if its boxed that is, from ebay. In the uk its still possible to buy Prophecy Gold retail from a small number of stores IIRC.

Filler said:
Huh? You mean you actually had the space to put it up in the first place? I think that was a bit silly not to link to it. Four mirrors sharing the load is much better than three...

Filler said:

Wha? Not as far as I'm aware... It costs money to host things that take large amounts of bandwidth... and that was before the server move to a dedicated machine with more bandwidth... Even now, I know the CIC doesn't like having solsector accounts used for large file hosting. You could probably e-mail news@ and ask if they'll put it on the ftp and in the files section.

Before we released there was an issue with the beta being on the server and taking up so much room when noone else could download it. That's what I was referring to.

I just e-mailed TyeDyeBoy (aka Jed) and he can't host us anymore, I don't have any details on the matter but I think all I can say is we should be gratefull he hosted us this long. I'm tempted to buy a .com and some webspace, but as a student money is hard to come by, I'd have to sell my entire wing commander collection.

EDIT: For the moment I am happy to create and send off CDs of the full version to all those who need it, CDs are so cheap I can make and post those for free and I don't like charging for a free product in any way. Just e-mail a.j.barnfield@dcs.hull.ac.uk for the CD with your postal address. I can't really give out the boxes etc for free tho, sorry.

Solsector is for hosting your website, it's not a file server. You really shouldn't put up any large files (i.e. 100 MB) for public access without first checking with us. Contact us at admin@solsector.net with the details and we'll look into hosting UE on our FTP.

As for the earlier incident, our disk space was much more limited back then, and you were using up an unholy percentage of the space shared between all Solsector accounts just for moving large files around between UE team members. Space that could have been used for people's websites was being used by your "personal file server."

Back