Download old games for free legally

Interesting...it's nice that an entire list of the titles is available. Many of those games have been free for quite a while now. The Marathon trilogy in particular has been free since 2003 I believe.

Just a question.

Aside Wing Commander: SecretOps and the Wing Commander Academy TV series,
are there any other WC-related freebies out there?

I know one of us uploaded a full electronic scan of End Run. Then there's also Pilgrim Truth synopsis... several music tracks and CD soundtracks.

Ah Marathon... I have to check to see if they released the bonus tracks to that (on my Marathon 2 CD, there were two audio tracks - one was the theme song, the other was I think Jingle Bells set to people's dying screams...).

Ah Marathon... I have to check to see if they released the bonus tracks to that (on my Marathon 2 CD, there were two audio tracks - one was the theme song, the other was I think Jingle Bells set to people's dying screams...).

You can probably find them from Marathon.Bungie.Org That is the main Marathon fan site remaining on the net. It should have links to everything you are looking for.

The 2nd track was Doug Zartmann's B.O.B screams. I had forgotten about it tell you mentioned it. It was a great holiday track. I remember going to several MacWorld Boston's in the mid-1990s were lines of people would badger him to say "They're Everywhere!" or "Frogblast the ventcore!" :D

Well, I have the original Marathon 2 CD-ROM, and I do have rips of it when testing iTunes ripping ability, so I don't have to hunt for it.

I remember getting in big trouble at the local AMUG Christmas gathering (which Apple sponsored by loaning us an auditorium in the building), and having brought my old Blackbird powerbook, we set up an impromptu AppleTalk LAN to play some multiplayer Marathon... alas, some guy tripped over the AppleTalk cable and I got scolded as my laptop could've fallen off the table it was on. (It was just the nice beefy machine Apple had under the lectern and my powerbook).

Ah good times at the AMUG. Being able to play with the first PowerPC machines (Apple set them up in the entrance) and the latest PowerBooks... Of course, this was around 14 years ago.

Back