Doug Funny

Col.Dom

Spaceman
Say! My memory, for some odd reason, gave me a glimpse of an old episode of Doug I once saw on Nickelodeon....

In the episode, Doug bought a Super Pretendo with a game. I think the game's name was "Space Mumps," or some stupid crap like that....

Well, the game completely owned him. He played non stop and he ended up slacking off in life in general. He was addicted and wouldn't stop playing until won.

The game he played resembled Wing Commander in many uncanny ways. Number one was the interface- space battles beginning with a launch from a carrier tube and a cockpit view (with Wing Commander-esque radar). Also, when he died, it played a cinematic of a coffin being shot into space. Another cinematic was his character winning a medal & stuff (maybe a promotion).

I forgot whether or not the enemies were killer kats. Does anyone remember this episode!? I sure do... LOAF, have you seen this episode? I saw it before I ever played a Wing Commander game... but I did recognize most of the similarities from what I had seen and read of Wing Commander on the SNES.

Anyone else 'sides me remember :confused:

Yeah, I remember, but pretty much the same stuff you do. I think the ships were pink or something like that.

I never saw it...

But one research unit later has found me a copy on VHS for $5... I'll DivX it if it's relevant. :)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
I never saw it...

But one research unit later has found me a copy on VHS for $5... I'll DivX it if it's relevant. :)

Whoa, dude. You're a well of resources, aye?

Sweetness :)

Originally posted by pygmypiranha
Resourses like full blown. No one can compare to how many resources that he has. Damn.

hellz yeah :cool:

He was a space pirate at one point in his lifetime, after all :p

You give me too much credit... all I did was find a Doug episode guide, search through it for episodes about video games (there were two...) and then determine which one you were talking about... (the game is called 'Space Munks')... then I did another search to see if it was available on tape... found the name of the tape, plugged it into Amazon and bought a copy from a z-shop. Simple as that <G>

Incidentally, the episode was called "Doug's Lost Weekend", from July, 1992. The tape it's on is called "How Did I Get Into This Mess?", and you can get a copy used off of Amazon.

You're very modest, LOAF :cool:

Space Munks, though huh? HAHA! I said Space Mumps! Silly, silly me!

I'M A MANIAC! MAAAANIACC!! :D

Bandit LOAF, if you can find me a server to download DINO RIDER episodes I would seriously thank you excessively. I have loved that series forever, but cannot find out where to download the episodes.

O M G

I was one of the BIGGEST Dino Rider fans EVER! I had every toy and both promo videos. Hey, wait... I still do! On VHS! WOOHOO! Never sellin' those.

... unless, of course, Dino Riders gets the DVD treatment :cool:

EDIT: "Harness the power of Dinosaurs! DINO-RIDERS!"

Well, I have the first video, but I was talking about the end episodes, the Brontosarus ones. I have wanted those episodes forever... ever since my folks taped over them:mad:. So please PLEASE someone tell me if they know where to find those episodes. But yea,

DINO RIDERS KIX ASS!!!:D

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
I never saw it...

That'd be cool...thanks!:D <----big eskimo smile for you

Originally posted by Bob McDob
I thought his name was Doug FUNNIE :p

I honestly couldn't tell ya' dude. It's been forever since I saw that show....

I remember a little more of that episode, though. The system came with a funky Atari-wannabe joystick thingy. Also, Doug ends up hogging the game from his pal with the blue skin that makes funny noises, wears a "The Flash," shirt and named Skeeter.

His name is Doug Funnie... maybe not spelled that way exactly, but sounded out that way it is Funnie...or Funny... or you get the jist of it...

Originally posted by Col.Dom

I honestly couldn't tell ya' dude. It's been forever since I saw that show....

I remember a little more of that episode, though. The system came with a funky Atari-wannabe joystick thingy. Also, Doug ends up hogging the game from his pal with the blue skin that makes funny noises, wears a "The Flash," shirt and named Skeeter.
you have to much time on your hands bro :)

Back