DosBox: How does the mapper work?

Valkyrie386

Spaceman
Gulikoza has re-enabled joystick support through the mapper in his latest builds of DosBox. I have looked, and haven't been able to find any information about how the mapper.txt file should be set up. Can anyone help?

Valkyrie386

I can't, not directly, but I can point you to groups who probably can:

The forums at dosbox.sourceforge.net (I don't know where they are, they're just not the group I use, and they're on a different server).

www.mypixels.dk/forums is home to a set of unofficial but generally helpful forums on DOSBox and D-Fend, a DOSBox front-end that might be able to solver your problem (I don't think so, but it's possible).

I only know how to start the tool to create such a mapper.txt:
When in dosbox, press ctrl+F1. That'll load it. But don't ask me how to use it, I don't know either :(
So best is to really ask at the mypixel forum or the dosbox forum, like moonsword said.

Press CTRL-1 to get to mapper screen. You can see joystick controls on the top right side. To map it press 1, Y-, 2, etc..., click add, push the joystick button or move it, then press save. When you click exit, dosbox will automatically create mapper.txt. Hope this helps.

Back