DosBox and joysticks config for WC3??

DocScorpio

Spaceman
I'm getting near the end of a replay of WC3 via DosBox v .072 and am really getting tired of having my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro function only as a 2-button stick. I've tried to setup a profile for the stick using the Logitech software, but can't get it to work through DosBox.

I believe I've read (here or somewhere) that there's a way to set up a multi-function stick so that it'll work with DosBox.....but I just can't figure out how to do it. I can't figure how to do it in the dosbox.conf file or anywhere else. Is there a way to do this....or am I just dreaming there is? Thanks for any help.

Nothing comes to mind, but in general, you are at the mercy of DOSBox taking your stick and converting it for its own uses first. So I don't think profiling software that you normally run in Windows would help for this task. There are only a few basic joystick configs available in DOSBox.conf. There are people out there who modify DOSBox for their own custom uses (kind of like what our community originally did to fix up Armada and get it working online), and it's possible someone has created some kind of custom DOSBox hack to give you what you need.

Nothing comes to mind, but in general, you are at the mercy of DOSBox taking your stick and converting it for its own uses first. So I don't think profiling software that you normally run in Windows would help for this task. There are only a few basic joystick configs available in DOSBox.conf. There are people out there who modify DOSBox for their own custom uses (kind of like what our community originally did to fix up Armada and get it working online), and it's possible someone has created some kind of custom DOSBox hack to give you what you need.

For the moment, the issue is moot because I finished WC3 yesterday. I've now moved on to WC4 where I can fully customize my stick (hooray!). I will, however, look for hacks of the sort you mentioned because they'll prove useful for other DOS games. Thanks for the reply.

Change joysticktype in dosbox.conf to ch or fcs and also choose that on WC3 setup. Buttonwrap=false may also be needed.

Back