Doom 3

cff said:
MK was successful? Really? Wow.
Of the three mentioned I'd only say that Tomb Raider was a good movie as well. MK is extremely cheesy (esp #2) and Pokemon is just aweful.

MK itself did, as noted above, make a fairly decent profit, a rarity for game-based movies. It's the sequel that didn't do so well (and was inferior to the original, IMO).

As for Pokemon, while it may be "awful", it does make money hand over fist, so someone must like it. I doubt LOAF is the only one driving Pokemon's financial success. :D

Quarto said:
Somehow, I don't think you were a part of Pokemon's target audience :p.

You might be right on that one. ;-)
However IMHO the 1st movie was far worse then the series (which in itself isn't exactly a masterpiece).

Yeah, but you got a promo card so everyone lined up for miles to see it. In fact, in opening weekend, we showed up for an afternoon showing, but it was all booked out till like 11 pm. I ended up buying tickets for the 11 pm showing just so we'd all have the promo cards. And then we came back the following weekend to watch it for real.

cff said:
MK was successful? Really? Wow.
Of the three mentioned I'd only say that Tomb Raider was a good movie as well.
The only reason that Tomb Raider was successful was because Angelina Jolie was in it.

I would say Resident Evil could also be added to the list of successful video game to video adaptions. I really enjoyed the first one. The second one was alright...but not as good.

Death said:
As for Pokemon, while it may be "awful", it does make money hand over fist, so someone must like it. I doubt LOAF is the only one driving Pokemon's financial success. :D

"July 11, 2005

Starting Aug. 28, Pokémon fans who reserve a copy of Pokémon® XD: Gale of Darkness for Nintendo GameCube™ at participating retailers will receive a custom Nintendo GameCube vinyl skin featuring characters from the game.

Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness will be available Oct. 3.

Pokémon was introduced in North America in September 1998 and has since generated more than $15 billion in worldwide retail sales. Last year's Pokémon FireRed and Pokémon LeafGreen sold more than 2.6 million combined. More than 140 million Pokémon video games have been sold worldwide.

Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness is Rated E for Everyone."

ed52c4e4-8b60-4c5c-acd9-f7cc2c27059b.jpg

IGN FilmForce have the teaser trailer up, as well as a video from the recent Comic Con panel.

Download/Stream both of them here (IGN Insider subscription required for 640x480 videos)

doomteaser059hc.jpg

AICN have some detailed coverage of the Comic Con panel here and Quint from AICN interviews Karl Urban here. Quite a few revealing tidbits were shared by the panel, including some levity, when Urban commented that in the movie he gets to use a gun and a flashlight at the same time. :D

doomteaser036zc.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing some of the first-person POV scenes, which will hopefully be included in the full theatrical trailer.

Cheers,

BrynS

Back