Don't Sleep on the New WC4 Fan Remake Demo (August 4, 2023)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
If you missed the big news earlier this week, be sure to check out the new WC4 Fan Remake demo! There are numerous fixes and updates, better joystick support and new in-flight comms. You can download it here (886 meg exe) and get right to playing! The WC Respace team has posted a full article with instructions and FAQs if you have any questions or issues. If you're not quite ready to jump in yourself, here's a video of The Eradicator checking the demo out. It's actually the original release, so the latest version is even better!

It looks like a team of modders are trying to remaster Wing Commander IV. In this video, we will check their work out.

--
Original update published on August 4, 2023

I wish my gaming setup wasn't from 10 years ago!
The demo actually runs not bad on my pretty much 10 year old machine (or maybe it's only 9). You might need to play with some of the graphical settings but it was pretty smooth on my rig.

The demo actually runs not bad on my pretty much 10 year old machine (or maybe it's only 9). You might need to play with some of the graphical settings but it was pretty smooth on my rig.

Yeah, we've been targeting low end hardware for a few reasons.
1. Most modern games actually have more detailed models than the FMV, but we want to remain consistent.
2. We know a lot of wingnuts aren't avid modern PC gamers.
3. The engine we are using was targeting Nintendo Switch level. We've made some improvements but generally you should find yourself ok with older hardware.

Shadows and SSAO are the first things to turn off if you're experiencing performance issues.

Back