Don't like single player WC Arena

If I'm not on Arena at any given time (I pop in and out for a quick fix, usually), you can find me on #WingNut and ask me to play.

That goes for a *lot* of us on #Wingnut, not just LOAF. I dropped what I was doing to play a couple rounds with ^Death / WCNohbody last night because he was looking for some help in a Cap Ship level. The two of us won despite odds against us!

That goes for a *lot* of us on #Wingnut, not just LOAF. I dropped what I was doing to play a couple rounds with ^Death / WCNohbody last night because he was looking for some help in a Cap Ship level. The two of us won despite odds against us!

Yeah, you guys sounded like you had a hell of a time defending against the Confed Apes in those games.

It was two of us against four opponents (it changed a lot - it could've been as many as 5 because a lot of people came and left during the game.) ^Death handled our defense while I snuck past in a Phantom and bombed the hell out of their ship. We were down to 16% when the whole thing was over.

It was a labor of love for a bunch of Wing Commander fans, who worked hard to make sure the game had all sorts of things from Wing Commander in it.)

I apologize to these people.

Try being happy that the next generation of gamers having fun rather than feigning offense to make a point. You'll live longer

It may be hard but I give it a try. Is Perhaps easier then giving up smoking.

It may be hard but I give it a try. Is Perhaps easier then giving up smoking.

I don't know, at least smoking makes you feel good.:) But thank you, it really is good to have more fans here.

My nat is fine. I'm not an amateur when it comes to that kind of stuff. I always have my 360 in a DMZ anyway so there isn't any kind of firewall.
Oh and I hosted games alright. There just don't seem to be any players willing to join (or play this game that is) to actually get a game started.

I thought mine was okay, too, but it turned out I was in 'moderate' mode... which was preventing me from playing with a lot of people. I fixed it and life has been great.

I thought mine was okay, too, but it turned out I was in 'moderate' mode... which was preventing me from playing with a lot of people. I fixed it and life has been great.
Yeah but you see, mine is actually open. It has been all this time. I just tested it again. Its open.

When im typing this, there is exactly 1 captical ship game going on with 3/16 players and when I join it, all the players dissapear right in the beggining again. This is pure bollocks

It was two of us against four opponents (it changed a lot - it could've been as many as 5 because a lot of people came and left during the game.) ^Death handled our defense while I snuck past in a Phantom and bombed the hell out of their ship. We were down to 16% when the whole thing was over.

Also, I was flying a Darket Raptor, which isn't exactly known for super-heavy firepower, against opponents that included some flavor of Broadsword (but not the Behemoth, that much I'm sure of) and multiple Rapiers, many (if not all) of them Cavaliers IIRC.

You know you're having a bad day when you run out of DFs, in Arena. :)

I finally signed up for xbox live yesterday and downloaded Wing Commander Arena even though i've had my xbox 360 for a few months. I'm still trying to figure everything out but i enjoy the online games so far. I do have a couple of questions though.

How do i get my gamertag to display alongside my message in the forums here like everyone else? I tried looking through the last month of news articles and didn't see it, but maybe i missed something.

What is the UPMP thing mentioned in an earlier post in this thread? and how do i check it? Is it something on my xbox 360 or on my router?

Can i see a list of active games to choose from when i sign in or am i always automatically thrown into the open game after i select player or ranked?

Thanks.

In order:

Your gamertag can be put in using the control panel for your forum account, under the "Edit Profile" link, in the "Additional Information" section.

UPnP (or, fully, Universal Plug-n-Play) is configured through your router, and in many situations not worth the extra security risk of leaving on/open.

Both. Selecting the "Quick Match" option, in the multiplayer menu, will throw you into the first handy game. Using "Custom Match" will give you a list of available games, their host, and the current/max player count (I think the current count doesn't show reserved slots being used by invited friends, but I'm not sure on that). There are various ways to filter the output, by things like frag (death) counts, match type, and whether the match is a player match or a ranked one (ranked matches count towards TrueSkill™ ratings, and are generally more strict than player ones, limiting what settings the match creator can change). Some of the achievements can be done in either mode (player/ranked), but others specifically require ranked matches, due mostly to that decreased flexibility I mentioned, above.

Thanks Death. I got the gamertag to work here on the forums and I'll have to check out the custom match options later tonight when I get home from work.

If anyone wants to add me to their friends list so that we can find each other in Wing Commander Arena, please do.

Back