Don't Call It the WingKiPedia (August 11, 2007)

When talking about ships "the TCS/KIS ....." should be used. It sounds odd and looks dumb without it.

Urgh... ok. I restored the 'the's.

Sorry about making kind of a big deal out of something so insignificant, it's just something that drives me crazy. I'll work on the sectors and quadrants for a while.

I don't know how having it there would drive you crazy. It makes grammatical sense and sounds better than not having it there.

I don't know how having it there would drive you crazy. It makes grammatical sense and sounds better than not having it there.

It's the way I was taught while working in the naval history field. Ship names are proper names and shouldn't have 'the' in front of them. Putting a 'the' in front of TCS Cerberus would be like putting a the in front of a person's name.

Then again, there are plenty of 'the's in the games, so I'll concede the point.

It's the way I was taught while working in the naval history field.

Likewise for Dundradal. Who would have ever thought his masters' degree in military history would ever come in handy?

Ship names are proper names and shouldn't have 'the' in front of them. Putting a 'the' in front of TCS Cerberus would be like putting a the in front of a person's name.

Then again, there are plenty of 'the's in the games, so I'll concede the point.

And not just the games, but also printed published Wing Commander sources as well. There certainly is a style where you eliminate 'the', but it's limited to particular circles.

All the sectors (except the Hari sector) now have basic pages noting their location in relation to Sol and link to their component quadrants, which now have basic pages listing their component star systems. Now we just need to fill them in.

Next up, I'll try and create basic pages for the systems of the Gemini sector, listing planets and bases.

Likewise for Dundradal. Who would have ever thought his masters' degree in military history would ever come in handy?

Yeah, it's highly specialized. You either teach or make sandwiches for those who do. Oh and help create WCPedia.

How are you enjoying the 29th century, fellow researcher? ;)

I'm enjoying it just wish I had more time to devote to this. This project is a great idea and will blow the old encyclopedia away. No offense to the people who set up the old one its just hard to find the info that your looking for.

I nominate LeHah as quality administrator of the wing commander wiki... but he needs a better title:

Lord High Arbiter of Quality

Note: this is only mildly sarcastic...with such a heated opinion of the low quality and stupidity on Wikipedia, I think LeHah would be a good candidate for rigorously beating up entries to make sure they "stand on their own two legs"

Back