Don't be this guy

psych said:
Personally, I have a problem with ex-military gym teachers. I certainly had one back in high school and he didn't really get me in better shape. They act like they are on a power trip and take it out on teenagers, and act like a Drill Instructor. Doesn't sound too cool to me, especially when they are fat and overweight and say "I get up at 5:45 in the morning and run! Why don't you?!?!"

Yeah I know that guy. I know several of those guys. They were my last five PE teachers. The only one who didn't piss me off was my drafting teacher and he really didn't give a damn about our class being physically fit as long as we could finish our work within a week. (Our punishment was 20 push ups for everyday it was late. The idiot who decided he would wait 5 days in see what happened had a nice treat in for him) Needless to say I was motivated.

((EDIT: I'd be suprised if that guy really enlisted.))

psych said:
especially when they are fat and overweight and say "I get up at 5:45 in the morning and run! Why don't you?!?!".

LOL We had one of those. The problem with him was that we spent the entire year playing volleyball, while he sat on his ass screaming. :(

It says on his blog that he smokes. How the hell is he gonna survive all the long runs that you have to do. It's hard enough without clogging up your lungs. Dumbshit!

i wonder if he's even ran half the miles he's said he likes running. he doesn't look like a runner. i know that everyone who can run that far looks like a runner but he looks all talk and no walk. maybe he doesn't know what he's gettin himself into. <shrugs> his problem but he asked for it. and his killed or be killed philosophy. i wonder if he'll still believe it when there's gunfire goin over his head. <sigh> anyways if he makes it more power to him. just hope he learns to wise up before someone else pays for his mistakes.

psych said:
Personally, I have a problem with ex-military gym teachers. I certainly had one back in high school and he didn't really get me in better shape. They act like they are on a power trip and take it out on teenagers, and act like a Drill Instructor. Doesn't sound too cool to me, especially when they are fat and overweight and say "I get up at 5:45 in the morning and run! Why don't you?!?!"

Actually, he didn't do that... if someone obviously wasn't putting effort into it he'd chew on them but otherwise he was just doing the exercises and usually more right along with us and keeping the count. We had an amazingly self-motivated class.

That guy really scares me. Not only that he's got the same name as the guy in Arac Attack; I just imagine this total empty mindset: Hoho, I'm a big bad Navy guy.
So what?? Heaven forbid that he ever makes it beyond the first week of training - but in any case: What do you do with a guy like that, inside or outside the ranks? How can you become like this?

If "the public" would be right, we all should have turned out like this - us military-loving, violence-addicted, relationship-deprived game junkies. But I look around: We aren't, in most cases. So what went wrong?

But what even scares me more is his girlfriend. But that is another story.

And you know what scares me? You people. Are you all truly so desperate for attention that you have to write fifty thousand posts about how stupid some random idiot on the internet is? Yeah, guys, writing all these "haha, he's an idiot, I hope he fails" posts really shows off your intelligence :p.

Good point Quartro, but thats what the internet is for insulting people you will never meet and talking about stuff that your friends think your a sad git for liking.

Quarto said:
And you know what scares me? You people. Are you all truly so desperate for attention that you have to write fifty thousand posts about how stupid some random idiot on the internet is?

Actually, we're only up to 31 posts. We have a ways to go to get to 50,000. Maybe we could get it up there faster if we made this thread into the word game with no post limits...:D

I see we have new smilies. Cool. But how about a EEEEeeeeewwww!! smiley for when someone's being gross?:p

Quarto said:
And you know what scares me? You people. Are you all truly so desperate for attention that you have to write fifty thousand posts about how stupid some random idiot on the internet is? Yeah, guys, writing all these "haha, he's an idiot, I hope he fails" posts really shows off your intelligence :p.
Yes it does. However, I do enjoy a good bit of bitching now and then.

Right, Quarto.

Although that statement does apply to 99% of communication: We're a competitive species, most of our conscious thought is wired towards comparing our own situation against others, and one of our basic existential joys is to identify some advantage we as individuals have over other individuals. So most of our communication, be it as factual as it could be, conveys the idea of comparing and setting oneself apart.

Which brings me to the point: True, I felt like bitching. Why? Because I wanted to be scared about someone else rather than being scared about myself - e.g. having to come to grips with my own situation, decisions and results.

criticalmass said:
Which brings me to the point: True, I felt like bitching. Why? Because I wanted to be scared about someone else rather than being scared about myself - e.g. having to come to grips with my own situation, decisions and results.
Naturally. And there's any number of threads in this forum where bitching won't make you look like an idiot. This is not one of them :). Again, the topic of this thread is some random guy on the internet. You might as well go for a walk and analyse the intelligence of graffiti "artists" based on what they write on a particular wall.

I wouldn't be suprised... there's a lot of nutzos out there. But I do agree with Q... it does seem kinda pointless to talk about some guy who has absolutely no relevence to anything...

Quarto said:
Again, the topic of this thread is some random guy on the internet. You might as well go for a walk and analyse the intelligence of graffiti "artists" based on what they write on a particular wall.

You'll be surprised how things turn out man. Another turd did exactly something like that and thought that it was just the internet and he'll get away with it. Well, the Instructors found out and were waiting for him. They got a hold of his name, looked him up on the database, got his report date, got him pre-medically and administratively cleared for training (normally takes a week), and got all of his gear pre-issued and name stenciled for him. All before he checked in. The Instructors all left recall numbers for us, with orders that the moment he checks in, we call them all up and they'll be right there.

And he found out about it and got all scared and shit.

And not just the Instructors either. Every West Coast operator wanted a piece of him. This is a conversation that happened between my buddy and him, he was on watch when turd checked in.

turd: So . . . how bad is it?
my bud: See that building over there? That's SEAL Team 5, you have a beating with them scheduled for tomorrow.

Turd came. Turd paid. Turd quit.

NeedakickintheAss said:
it does seem kinda pointless to talk about some guy who has absolutely no relevence to anything...

Yes it is. Because people like him not only talk shit about how badass they are, most importantly, they take valuable and coveted billets for this training that could have been given to someone who would have died to even make it over here. Wasted money and effort. I don't want this shitbird in my class, nor in my boat crew, nor as my swim buddy.

I wouldn't want the guy near me. He seems nuts, I mean the nuts were if you give the guy a gun he is laible get a hard on and shoot the first person he sees. Frankly Im happy he is on the other side of the country. Sorry I went to school with a nutter like that. He was shot when he tried to run over a police man after trying to do something really stupid. I don't remember nor do I care to try and remember.

quote from the text: http, //www.myspace.com/hooyah_navy:

My brother accidently shot a hole in my wall with my shotgun, which I can now add that to my near death experiences since I was in the general direction, good thing he didn't point at me, but oh well shit happens,

Maybe he is a real ashole, after all it do sounds like his own brother is trying to kill him... :rolleyes:

Back