Does the Landreich have an insignia?

Imagine a big Red cross of St. Andrew, done?
Imagine a big blue circle, done?
You have a red cross and a big blue circle.
Now, put the red cross INSIDE the circle
and Voila! you have Landreich insignia :)

St. Andrew Cross:

senal42.gif

Okay, you have two lines... and when they don't ever touch eachother, they're parallel. When they *do* touch eachother, it's a *cross*. You want that.

I threw together a visual aid... I like a darker blue, but then it probably would have said something like navy...

landreich.jpg

Originally posted by t.c.cgi
Why does that remind me of the Confederate army in the Civil War? hehehe

it should remind you of the Union Jack since the cross of St. Andrew is a primary component thereof

Originally posted by t.c.cgi
Why does that remind me of the Confederate army in the Civil War? hehehe

reverse the colors and ya got it, yeah. The cross on the CSA's flag was blue and the background was red. Looks more like the Union Jack.

The first to use the term were the Brits but the US Navy flies a Union Jack on thier ships inport. It consists of only the stars section of the flag. Most countries have Jacks that are smaller, less detailed verions of thier flags . The US and England are the only ones that I know of who call thiers "Union" Jacks. Not sure why the Brits do but for the US it's obvious that the stars represent the Union of states.

Originally posted by Knitewing
The US and England are the only ones that I know of who call thiers "Union" Jacks. Not sure why the Brits do but for the US it's obvious that the stars represent the Union of states.

Umm... I would assume it's the Union Flag because it's the The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland... They're a union...

Also, it's *not* specifically the English flag, it's the British flag. It contains the crosses of St. George (England), St. Andrew (Scotland) and St. Patrick (Ireland).

And why Landreich flag was designed in other color scheme:
a white cross of Saint Andrew on a black starfield impaled by an upright sword, with the motto "Freedom Through Strength" below?

I'm dumb. Very dumb. Flag colors and military insignia can be different.
BTW, where are you picked red-blue colors for insignia. I cannot remember any mention in novels?

It's from Fleet Action: " Most of the ships were painted Stealth black without identification numbers or even the blue circle and red Saint Andrew's cross of the
Landreich."

Oh, for the love of carp, I JUST GAVE YOU THE DAMN QUOTE.

It's from when Hunter is walking around the Landreich airfield.

Back