Does Origin even exist anymore

preacher rtcw is return to castle wolfenstein, the one released last year on q3 engine.

also manhattan project is not an official 3drealms product, it is merely a license, however duke nukem forever is still in production, thus duke isnt dead, its just... busy :D

oh and didnt u guys ever hear of doom? ;)

Duke Nukem 3d isn't dead. Its just that the next game in the series, Duke Nukem Forever, will be released roughly three months after Freelancer.

hehe and if u believe that then ma paws george bush :D forever has been "coming soon" since quake 2 lol, if we see it any time soon ill cheer alright, but the games been in the works as long as prey has, dont believe the release dates, theyll find something else to fix :)

Originally posted by Madman
hehe and if u believe that then ma paws george bush :D forever has been "coming soon" since quake 2 lol, if we see it any time soon ill cheer alright, but the games been in the works as long as prey has, dont believe the release dates, theyll find something else to fix :)

Hey, screwball, you're barking up the wrong tree.
Learn a little about your games before you go accusing people of not knowing what they're talking about. If you did, then you'd know that Freelancer is in pretty much the same boat that Duke Nukem Forever is, and much better known around these parts.

And learn how to use apostrophes, capital letters, and periods, while you're at it.

um dumbass, im not barkin up the wrong tree i didnt accuse u of not knowing anything and anyway, i think ull find freelancer is hardly in the same boat, its on a "its done when its done" basis true, but it hasnt been in that boat for nearly 10 years yet, so how about YOU get YOUR facts straight before you slag off me

Well, I actually don't understand why either of you is barking at the other. Junior said that DNF is coming three months after FL. Madman said that DNF has been "coming soon" for years. Junior then said that DNF is pretty much in the same boat as FL. It seems to me that essentially, you are in complete agreement.

Besides, if you keep this up, I'll eventually have to kick both your asses :).

For the last several months, Microsoft has been saying that Freelancer will be out in about six months. Mind you, when they first started saying that, release was six months away, and its still six months away. Its in Daikatana land.
In other words, its still quite a ways from release.
Duke Nukem Forever had a video released a while back that showed what appeared to be a nearly completed game. There have been various release dates posted over the years in press releases, and some of those dates have been pretty close to the day the press release was posted. Its in Daikatana land.

And once again, you should really do something about your English.

Freelancer has been "6 months from release" since 1999.

The Freelancer "fans" (if it's possible to be a fan of something you haven't really seen - let alone played) are like Jehova's Witnesses with their end of the world. They'll probably be right, given enough time. <G>

Originally posted by KrisV
Freelancer has been "6 months from release" since 1999.

The Freelancer "fans" (if it's possible to be a fan of something you haven't really seen - let alone played) are like Jehova's Witnesses with their end of the world. They'll probably be right, given enough time. <G>

I remember back in 1999 people at the newsgroup being all smarmy because Freelancer was gonna be out before the next WC game. Who'd have guessed that after POL was canceled that we'd still get a new WC game (WCP Advance) before Freelancer. I remember telling these people that Freelancer was "18-24 months away" all through '99 and into 2000. It was pretty funny. I wish I'd have known I could have said "36+ months," though nobody would have believed me.

Originally posted by LeHah
At last, Mav and myself agree on something.

That settles it. It's the end of the world. Reading this on the *same* day that the Cowboy's win a game... there's no other explanation.....

Back