Does Chris Roberts own WC gaming rights?

Originally posted by Johnl12
LeHah, I too think you langauge was a bit harsh. You do have the right to disagreed, but not to be crude. I wish TC would've called you on it. He did to dacis2 just a couple of days ago.

I just try to ignore LeHah. It makes me yell less.

I for one wish that EA would release the rights to WC. Sell it to Chris Roberts.

I don't think Roberts has a lot of money :)

TC

TC, why does it need to be space sim? With all the fan mods going on they can do a Homeworld like game? It doesn't need to be a flight sim. I personally like WC for the great story telling. The only game currently out there which even comes close to that is Star Trek Bridge Commander.

Originally posted by TC

Wow, that's rather stupid. Why should they give anyone their source? It belongs to them and they certainly aren't under any obligation to. They don't have a single person working for them that even worked on the code from the first games. Even if they wanted to, they couldn't get it in such a position that it was ready for release (assuming it still exists). Moving on, I don't see how the fact that you're waiting for a game can be blamed on them. EA's stated that they're not working on anything. You think they should make a game so that you aren't waiting for one? That's one of the stupidest arguments I've heard in a long while.

At least you pointed WHY do you think my argument was stupid, not just spitted on my face like LeHah.

I did not say that what they are doing is wrong. They do have the right to not release a game. But it is their fault that there isn´t a WC game being developed, right? And I have the right to be mad at them for that. That´s it.

About the codes, I remember seeing some cool fan-made animation on WCnews.com where Halcyon, Blair and Hunter were talking about WC projects shutdown and asked for EA to release the code. There was even a list you could sign, if I am not mistaken. I am also not saying that they HAVE to give us the codes, but since they seem not interested at all in WC games anymore, and are not going to sell more games, they could retribute all the bucks we spent buying WC stuff and give us some tools to develop games. It´s just an opinion and I really doubt they will do that, since they won´t receive any cash for it.
It´s just a dream...

Originally posted by TC

Yay, LeHah's stupid, but I don't care.

I agree. I am new here and I didn´t know that before, that´s why I cared to reply his comments.

Originally posted by TC

I like how you threw this on the end in an attempt to seem learned or noble in some way. It really has no bearing on anything.

It was not an attempt to seem anything. It does have a bearing because that´s what I think everyone (LeHah, specifically) should do concerning other´s opinions: if you disagree with someone, fine, but one should respect other people´s right to say stuff, not just write that others´s opinions are bulls***
If it seemed like an attempt to seem "learned", sorry, that was not my intention. I live in Brazil, my native language is Portuguese and sometimes I am not able to express myself like I wished to, in English.

Sorry for the trouble here. It won´t happen again.

TC: "- That's one of the stupidest arguments I've heard in a long while. "

Ouch! :D

We have an expression to define "argument" or "opinion" here in Brazil: They´re like butts - everyone has a different one.

That is the STRANGEST comparison I've heard that hasn't come out of Frostys mouth, brazil, eh? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Pedro
That is the STRANGEST comparison I've heard that hasn't come out of Frostys mouth, brazil, eh? :rolleyes:

hehehe... It´s actually weird, but everyone always has a different "one" (butt/opinion): they can be ugly, flat, nice but, most of the time, they stink...

About the "brazil, eh?", you talk like you Argentinians weren´t crazy as us too... :cool:

Now, enough of this weird talk.

About the "brazil, eh?", you talk like you Argentinians weren´t crazy as us too...

Thats the first time in a long time someones actually thought my real name was Pedro :)

Originally posted by Starkey

About the "brazil, eh?", you talk like you Argentinians weren´t crazy as us too... :cool:

And that why?
You wrote that because is free?
or you are a smart ass?

Originally posted by Johnl12
TC, why does it need to be space sim? With all the fan mods going on they can do a Homeworld like game? It doesn't need to be a flight sim. I personally like WC for the great story telling.
WC was originally a space sim, and I believe it should stick to being one. To suddenly change the genre would alienate a large group of consumers, I think. But why argue? There isn't any indication of a new WC game...

Originally posted by Starkey
About the codes, I remember seeing some cool fan-made animation on WCnews.com where Halcyon, Blair and Hunter were talking about WC projects shutdown and asked for EA to release the code.
I remember that. It was hilariously funny, I thought. :) Pity I can't see it again right now, since my uni comps don't have Flash installed, but here it is:
http://boeman.netfirms.com/WCAdvocacy.html

Originally posted by Ghost

And that why?
You wrote that because is free?
or you are a smart ass?

I did not get that "free" thing and no, sir, I am no smartass.

But I wrote it to the wrong person, sorry. I remembered there was an Argentinian here and, when I wrote the message, I thought it was "Pedro" (because of the name). But it is you the Argentinian who I thought I was writing to.

No hard feelings, it was just a joke because Pedro teased me and I teased him back (thinking he was from Argentina) because of our (friendly) Brazil-Argentina rivalry thing... - which is about to flare up again, in June!

Back