Does anyone remember that show? AWC

dizzibits

1st Lieutenant
Hi all!

There was this amazing weekly stream on YouTube that pretty much considered all wings and it was a real highlight. While it did comprehensively consider all wings, it also gave an insight into computing, gaming, and how gamers interacted in the late 80s and early 90s for those of us that were unable to be IBM/Apple gamers at that time.

I did feel that a weekly show was quite a commitment and that it may get old or too difficult to continue with that frequency. Sadly though, it has pretty much stopped altogether!! I am here to ask the community if we could possibly get Ben and Jason to suit up and start the show again? Or perhaps discuss the reasons why it stopped?

My proposal is a more infrequent show that is less committal and less burdensome, but hopefully full of space fun 'as and when' they feel like doing it?

Happy to hear peoples' thoughts 😄

I don't know if frequency was the biggest issue, but of course a less ambitious time table could be one of the tools needed to get back in the swing of things. The bigger things at play for the hiatus were personal things combined with Covid restrictions. I think some kind of project though has always been in the back of everyone's minds... The exact shape, form, and timetable remain to be seen but I have faith it will happen.

Howdy!

I greatly appreciate this thread… as the late John Prine said, everybody wants to be wanted. I'm absolutely hoping to return to All Wings Considered hopefully very soon… right now it's just a battle between depression and the effort needed to get the studio set up again!

I am sorry for disappearing, though. My mother in law died very suddenly shortly after the last episode we did and life became very dark for a while… and then a few weeks later the pandemic hit and we were too afraid to see Jason and it just kind of got away from me. But I truly hope to claw my way back! (Jason has gotten married and moved in that time so I'm not sure if he'll be free so often… but we will work something out! In my dreams we'd have a way to have Chris Reid on regularly… and anyone else who wants to join, too!)

@Loaf, as I tell Bonk when he hosts a stream. We're here at the party, you're hosting. It needs to be on your conditions... But Privateer 2 has a lot of ships, a lot of ships....

I had a romp watching your shows.

Howdy!

I greatly appreciate this thread… as the late John Prine said, everybody wants to be wanted. I'm absolutely hoping to return to All Wings Considered hopefully very soon… right now it's just a battle between depression and the effort needed to get the studio set up again!

I am sorry for disappearing, though. My mother in law died very suddenly shortly after the last episode we did and life became very dark for a while… and then a few weeks later the pandemic hit and we were too afraid to see Jason and it just kind of got away from me. But I truly hope to claw my way back! (Jason has gotten married and moved in that time so I'm not sure if he'll be free so often… but we will work something out! In my dreams we'd have a way to have Chris Reid on regularly… and anyone else who wants to join, too!)
I am very sorry to hear about you and your partner's loss. A sad coincidence that I also lost my mum around that time, in September 2019. I stopped tuning in as frequently as a result (I tended to watch hours later to allow for UK time!). Please give Alexis my condolences. Sounds like depression mixed with grief, which takes time. God bless you both.

You and the show are very much missed and wanted (when time and enthusiasm permits!). My small group of friends got a real kick when I discussed DivX discs and how they used to work, all of which I learned from your show! I also confess spending an inordinate amount of time looking up Star Trek Micro Machines on ebay. Basically all the 90s based games/tech/toys/gadgets that you discussed were a joy to hear and I learned a ton.

Hopefully a way can be found for you and Chris R to stream a show occasionally (?). Perhaps a holiday special or a Season 2.

One suggested title: "All Wings Considered Holiday Special - Extra Wings With That?" 😄

Dominic

Last edited:
I think we're all super excited to see the show return someday. One of my favorite things is the special long live stream we were able to do for the CIC's Birthday in 2019. Little did I know that was going to be the last time I'd be able to travel and see all my friends in person for a very long time. Several of us fall into the very high health risk category for various reasons, so travel is unfortunately still out of the question for now, but we will definitely gather to do it all again someday. Virtual options are certain possible before then, but it takes a lot of doing to organize that. Eventually it'll probably all get worked out though!

Back