Does anyone here...

AKUMA1

Spaceman
Know where I can see the cinematics for Wing Commander the Secret missions 1, and 2? just go through the series of games at the mo, just finished watching the Special Ops2 video for WC2, was kool!:cool:

I've checked the video section in the CIC website but there is nothin there for it...:confused:

Theyre not online really, though I've been playing thru wc-segacd and recording the briefings etc - not got them all though.

While I know you are enjoying watching DaveO's videos, why not go out and grab a copy of WC1 Deluxe? You can find them fairly cheaply if you look around for a bit. If you are lucky you might hit gold like I did a little while ago and find WC1/2 Deluxe edition for a decent price. I grabbed my copy for $8 with a small shipping fee.

If there's no footage of it then that's ok, not a lot can be done about that!Well if there is any wing commander game I'll probably contemplate gettin then it's probably Prophecy seeing as I missed out on it when it came out, currently watchin WC3 With the Behemoth been destroyed by the Kilrathi and Blair in his first battle since that incident, quite kool!

No I haven't tried secret ops yet, still watching WC3! I'm mulling over whether or not to try and install WC4 again after all these years, not sure if I ever completed it, or just watch it on Youtube!..~~~..
What do u reckon guys?

Well if you are thinking about actually buying WCP, why not try the free game that uses the exact same engine?

If I had a choice of playing the actual game or watching a video, I'd certainly choose to play the game.

If you are interested in watching the games as movies check out Qeeg's WC3 full length feature as well as his WC4 full length feature.

He uses the FMV videos along with space flight to make really great movies that are as close to feature length films as you can get with the games. They are large files, but definitely worth the download.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I think I tried that(downloading the movie..) I was told it was downloading nothin happend then I read that some missions had been cut out, and I was like huh? Hence I went onto youtube though admittedly I fast forward the combat scenes unless there is something REALLY interesting in it, i.e when the Behemoth got destroyed and the Prince challenged Blair to a duel while in his cockpit..

It contains all the FMV...that's the point of it. It edits the FMV with space flight to make a movie that plays like a feature film.

Some missions had been cut to help the flow of the film, nothing plot related has been removed.

Yeah just tried downloading it now, went to a quicktime page, (I think where the movie would be shown) then the window just freezes you can't minimise, nothing, it just 'locks up' and the browser crashes.... : ( so as great a option that would be to watch it as that it ain't working..

You need to save the file. It requires a codec to be installed (XviD which if you click on the link explains it) If you don't have it installed already google XviD and install the codec.

It freezes because you are trying to download an almost gig movie into the browser instead of saving the file to your hard drive.

..Oops!...good point Dundradal...so THAT'S what it was! I doubt I'd download the WC4 movie though if I end up playing through the game again, which I am contemplating, coz as I mentioned when I brought it when it first came out I doubt I completed it..Oh yeah by the way is there some sorta movie about the Kilrathi Pre-wing commander, or somethin leading up to the events to this series ...if I am mistaken or not? Is that downloadable too?

There is no movie about the Kilrathi prior to WC1 if that's what you are asking.

The WC novel Action Stations covers the events that lead up to the start of the war in 2634 and the first attack on McAuliffe.

Yeah I realised it wasn't a 'build up' movie to the series, but just a complaiton of the games if I'm not mistaken..

If you're patient enough, I should have the Secret Missions for WC1 started soon. I just started on the WC1 missions, and have at least three more weeks to go since I want to do all the failing missions as well.

Back