Does anyone else play Killzone 2?

I have the title song to F-Zero SNES stuck on indefinite repeat in my head now. It's pretty sad, but I can still hum any of the track tunes...

It *hasn't* exploded software sales, though, which will be important in the long run. A huge install base is meaningless if they're all just showing Wii Sports to their granddaughters.. (right now the impact is somewhat lessened by the fact that Wii games are much cheaper to develop, so you don't have to sell as many units... but second and third party devs are hitting a wall right now even with that in mind.)

The third party sales are terrible, but Nintendo's own sales and profits have been great. They had 11 million+ seller Wii games and 16 million+ seller DS games last year.

Nintendo Wii (2006 to March 2009)
Wii Sports - 45.7 million (half of these are actual sales, the game isn't a pack-in in Japan)
Wii Play - 22.9 million
Wii Fit - 18.2 million
Mario Kart Wii - 15.4 million
Smash Bros. Brawl - 8.4 million
Super Mario Galaxy - 8 million
Mario Party 8 - 6.7 million
Link's Crossbow Training - 3.8 million
Animal Crossing: City Folk - 3.4 million
Wii Music - 2.6 million
Mario Super Sluggers - 1.3 million

Mario maker banks $2.83 billion in net income, $6 billion operating profit; 26 million Wiis, 31 million DSs, 16 million Wii Fits sold during last fiscal year.

Killzone 2

It took a long time for Killzone 2 to finally come out, but after diving head first into the game, there's no doubt in my mind that it lives up to the hype and is a must-play for FPS fans. I love to play this game and overall its a fantastic game.

Back