Does anyone else get these?

Muscle spams. Does your eye ever start to just twitch? Or maybe your thigh or some other muscle in your body? Right now my eardrum is doing it, and it won't stop!!! I could almost cry from frustration.... I need some potassium, maybe a banana would suffice?

it could be just stress, I used to het the eye thing when I had exams in highschool and college. I dont get them anymore tho, so dont worry, it is frustrating, but it will go away

I feel like a late night radio host answering questions from teenagers :p

1) My neck will ache on occasion; it makes a cracking sound when I roll it back, solving the pain.
2) My heart will occasionally skip beats, especially if coffee is involved. One day so much blood backed up that when it finally pulsed, my body jolted out of bed.
3) My eyes will twitch if I've been marathon-working on my computer (programming, web design, games, a damned viscious cycle).
4) My knees will sometimes freeze up or hurt so badly that my body will not physically use them.
5) On dark nights where the moon is blood red, demons will take over my mind and instruct me in the ways of darkness. My blood boils; that hurts, too.

Hmmm, maybe it was lack of rest on my part. I went to sleep and now it's all gone, but who knows if it will come back tonight after work... I certainly hope not, we'll see!

Grimloc said:
1)
2) My heart will occasionally skip beats, especially if coffee is involved. One day so much blood backed up that when it finally pulsed, my body jolted out of bed.

One of these days, it won't.

Have you been drinking heavily recently? Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not implying that you're a drunk or anything, but just one or two nights of heavy drinking can set off teeny little muscle spasms for days.

Could also be nervousness or stress. I've had occaisons where I've fallen asleep and suddenly awoke because a limb moved quite unexpectedly.

Though, my spasms really last only a few minutes at most. I used to have one right on my bicep - quite neat when I'd feel that it was happening, then watching the skin pulse in and out in time with the beats.

The worst thing to ever happen to me was in my dorm room. I woke up in terrible pain; my knee had been bent in a horrendous fashion all night. Any flinching at all sent my entire body into pain. But, as soon as I got my leg straightened, I was fine. Longest two minutes of my life...

I dare say old friend, didn't you once see a neurologist for something like this? It could be the amount of sleep you get since your sleep schedule to me seems erratic. You should replace it with another kind of shakes. Start on some coffee maybe or hit the bottle nice and hard. Whereas this can make a lot of people shake and spasm, it could do the opposite for you. Could be your diet too. You can't live forever off Ben & Jerry's.

Greg you know I'd never take up drinking or coffee, so that's out :p. You're probably right about the sleep and diet thing though. You should be proud of me, I haven't had a Ben & Jerry's for a few days now! Lately I've been living off of Mac 'n Cheese.

Although it could be my swim bladder, I haven't been able to dive and resurface successfully for some time...

I have also some of these mentioned symptoms sometimes. That with my eardrums results from hearing loud music, my psychic face spasm (or better said my stressed eye) have I every morning. I think, it's only a nervous stress reaction... Sleep more... eat healthy food, drink much water and take a siesta... maybe some body exercises.

Really good pieces of advice - I know :cool:

A touch of Granny's rheumatiz medicine will take care of just about whatever ails ya. :D

Back