Dockable Drayman and stuff.

You said it, hellcatv. Keep the mods and imagination going, spirit. I doubt anyone will get upset by having too many options or choices in how they might want to play this great redone game. I hope there can be an archive of mods to download, rather than needing to scroll through the message boards (in a perfect world,...).

As an aside note: I also think the sped up guns 'feel' right, more like the original. Maybe it's only because my neural net is working at a slower pace than it was in the early 90's.

ya it would be great to have a mod section in the download page...a mod equiv of a wiki or something.... I'll chat with spirit about it further.

ya, your mod rocks spirit, keep it up! I wanna see more!

hellcatv said:
ya it would be great to have a mod section in the download page...a mod equiv of a wiki or something.... I'll chat with spirit about it further.
Good idea. That's be a great way for people to add things we can't add ourselves without honking certain people off.

Ten years later I'm just now discovering PR & PU. A little late to the party, but it's still a great party. I just hope someone still looks at this forum once in a while.
Are these files still available anywhere? The links are dead. Half the fun of this game is just scouring the internet searching for mods. I had hoped Google has cached the files but apparently not.
If they're not publicly available could someone send me a PM? I'll give you my address and you could email it to me?

Gemini Gold is the Priv mod that actually got somewhat finished: http://privateer.sourceforge.net/ Development of them all pretty much tapered off once it became possible to play the actual Privateer in DOSBox, and now it's easy to acquire the game via GOG.

I've beat the game 4 times over the years, once with each ship. PGG is cool, but now I want to play around with the mods.
I realize no one is working on this anymore, I just want to get everything that was done previously.

man this game was amazing in 05. atlest for an old man who remembers staying up all night playing the 93 release.

really really wish it didn't die out so many years ago.

Back