Do You Want To Know More? (February 26, 2007)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
Many Wing Commander fans are not familiar with the concepts being thrown around with the Wing Commander Arena announcement -- Xbox 360, Live Arcade, MS Points? It can all be pretty daunting for an old school PC gamer. So if you're Wondering what a Gold Subscription is and whether or not you'll need one for Arena, then you should check out our Xbox FAQ! If you have a question or concern which is not listed, please e-mail us and we'll figure it out!

--
Original update published on February 26, 2007

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question. I am not a Xbox user *YET* and I would like to know about HDMI interface. Does the Xbox have a HDMI output? If so, does it support all the HD resolutions as well as the component video out? Thanks!

OH boy, I cannot even start to describe how happy and excited I am about all this! :D

I have a question. I am not a Xbox user *YET* and I would like to know about HDMI interface. Does the Xbox have a HDMI output? If so, does it support all the HD resolutions as well as the component video out? Thanks!

OH boy, I cannot even start to describe how happy and excited I am about all this! :D

Right now it supports up to 1080p but there is only component video outputs. THere is a rumoured hardware update comming though that will add a bigger hardrive and possible HDMI output.

There is no HDMI output capability on the current XBOX 360s. Current XBOX 360s output an analog signal, therefore can't do HDMI).
However, for HD hookups you have Component cables (available with Premium editions), and a VGA cable (sold separately). (They both look great, though I prefer component).
As for output it offers everything upto 1080p.

However, as AD alluded to, there is a rumoured (XBOX 360) model expected for release later this year that will include HDMI output (highly overrated IMNSHO) and a larger HDD.

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this but I have a XBOX related question.

OK, so my tv and surround sound system (where I want to hookup my xbox) are in the living room of my apartment. While my cable modem is in my bedroom with my computer. So my question is: isn't there some way to hook my xbox up to the modem wirelessly? I believe I read how to do it a few years ago when I was considering hooking my Playstation 2 for online play.

You can purchase a wireless network adaptor accessory for the Xbox 360 that clips onto the back of the console and plugs into a USB port available there. It's compatible with the .11b and g standards, and should work with any wireless router that is, as well.

Getting a regular USB wireless network adapter for PCs will also work, and come out cheaper in the process, at the expense of requiring another power plug and not having the clip-on functionality.

(For comparison purposes, NewEgg sells them for 90 bucks, whereas you can pick up a USB2 wireless adapter for computers for about a third of that.)

Back