Do you remember?

I got WC2 from a KB toys store in the mall here back in the day :D I took my little sister to the store while my parents were busy somewere else and spotted it. I acually got WC4 from are local Software Etc.

The first time I saw WC1 was when I rented it for SNES. However, I didn't know what it was until several years later when I got hooked on WCP and was given The Kilrathi Saga as a gift.

I thought everyone got ahold of WC the same way . . . on the 8th day God said let there be Wing Commmder, and it showed up on all relevant computers, and he saw that it was very good. :)

Really I got WC1 in a compilation CD with Wolf3D and Blake Stone 3D about '91, and was hooked from there on out.

C-ya

Originally posted by Viper61
I thought everyone got ahold of WC the same way . . . on the 8th day God said let there be Wing Commmder, and it showed up on all relevant computers, and he saw that it was very good. :)

Really I got WC1 in a compilation CD with Wolf3D and Blake Stone 3D about '91, and was hooked from there on out.

C-ya

LoL, yeah then god looks down at Earth and says "Nevermind, you guys arn't worthy of it" and takes it away. :(

Originally posted by Stryker
Does anyone remember were they first saw WC1 and purchased it? I got mine from Costco when it first came to the small town I live in.

The very first one I got for the Super Nintendo this year. The first Wing Commander, period, was Secret Missions, which I rented out for the SNES, oooohhhhh...years ago. I think you know the story of how spooked I was by it now. :)

I'll be honest, I came by my first copy of WC1 illicitly. I was 12 and my uncle had bought it...he made copies of the diskettes and gave them to me. Free cat-killin', for me?? Sweet...

Originally posted by Stryker
I never did get around to playing it on SNES. Was any of it diffrent?

Its the only Wc-console related Wc I havent played.I have seen screenshots and I think it has a little more advanced graphics.

I remember in the Briefing room that are only 3 guys....

Thats all, I dont think it has different missions or anything.I dont know about the music.

P.S. what game are you talking about ?Stryker?

Sure do. It was quite difficult to chase down, but I got it. I play it quite a bit when my neice isn't playing her games. Anyway, have that and Secret Missions. And yes, I still get scarred after all these years, watching Goddard or the losing end.

I was thinking of getting the SNES WC1 once myself , but I didn't have the system then. So, I never did get it. :/

I first got Wing Commander I on my Amiga 600 for Chrsitmas 1994. It was part of a pack that also contained Elite Plus and
MegaTraveller.

So Phillip is it true that it has better graphics than the original one?

I have only seen screenshots

P.S. I got the Amiga Version of Wc1 too.The sound is perfect.....
I think its better than the original PC version too.(Not the Later Kilrathi saga)

The only thing I didn't like about the Amiga WC I was the fact that you had to use the return key for Missiles even if you were using the joystick.

Yes, thats true! The Amiga`s joystic buttons had all the same function, shooting lasers only :(

But...it was my first WC and Its really great in my eyes :)

Same here, it was my First Wing Commander. I played a couple of mission of WC II at a friends, but my next Wing Commander was WC III and IV for the playstation

Mmm...Ugly expirience... (Wc3 PSX) it was nt good....
Well except for the Videos (much better than PC WC3)

I bought it just for the Videos :)

Back