Do more than 3 people play this game?

MannPower

Commodore
... Or is there something up with my Live? Games seem few and far between. I played a total of 3 games in Arena so far, out of dozens of 'quick play' and 'custom game' search attempts. It just seems like nobody's playing.

Is there a time where you WingNuts meet up? And if not, should we make one? Like x-day Night Arena, or something?

The best way to get a CIC game going is to pop into #wingnut on the IRC server and ask around there. As well as trying to arrange times here on the CZ.

Lots of us play, but it's best to set something up. Since Arena is several months old now, there's less regular people online. I see it happening a lot with both Arcade and retail games on the 360.

Actually, its kind of neat that you bring this up.. it was just a few days ago that Chris and I were talking about starting a regular matchup thread where someone from the CIC (posters too, not just staff) would have an open multiplayer game made at a specific time and anyone who was available could pop in at that time and so forth.

I've been working some pretty hefty hours so I haven't even begun to try to organize something like that. But if you want to take the initiative and get the ball rolling, I'm sure there would be CICers showing up!

I'll join in as soon as my 360 is back.

I sent it out today, so let's all see how long it takes for it to make it back!

Actually, its kind of neat that you bring this up.. it was just a few days ago that Chris and I were talking about starting a regular matchup thread where someone from the CIC (posters too, not just staff) would have an open multiplayer game made at a specific time and anyone who was available could pop in at that time and so forth.

I've been working some pretty hefty hours so I haven't even begun to try to organize something like that. But if you want to take the initiative and get the ball rolling, I'm sure there would be CICers showing up!

Sounds like a great idea!

I'm all about getting some kind of regular weekly game night going for WC:A. Not only will it get us WingNuts some air-time, but it'll allow us to network on Live and possibly play other games.

Heck, I don't mind keeping a 'scoreboard' for each weekly game, and sending it in to you CIC staffers to be posted up as highlights.

... Or is there something up with my Live? Games seem few and far between. I played a total of 3 games in Arena so far, out of dozens of 'quick play' and 'custom game' search attempts. It just seems like nobody's playing.

Is there a time where you WingNuts meet up? And if not, should we make one? Like x-day Night Arena, or something?
I played it for a couple weeks when it first came out. I quickly got bored of it after that though. I also have no one here on my friend's list so I've only played with random anonymous people. As opposed to random fairly anonymous people.

I'm all about getting some kind of regular weekly game night going for WC:A. Not only will it get us WingNuts some air-time, but it'll allow us to network on Live and possibly play other games.

Heck, I don't mind keeping a 'scoreboard' for each weekly game, and sending it in to you CIC staffers to be posted up as highlights.

There's a lot of neat stuff people could do with this. I had originally envisioned setting up squadrons and tournaments much more prominently, but then I spent a month traveling and a month catching up, and I'm still behind on many summer things. Like Ninja said, we brainstorm a bunch, but the time to follow through is difficult. Since my own schedule can be so erratic, I'm afraid to champion a project like this myself, but we can definitely support people who do have the time and willingness to really drive it.

Yeah, we really need to organize something for all the multiplayer options.

I was thinking about an Armada tournament the other day. Set up brackets, get some cool WC prizes together, then have it play out over a few weeks. I'm willing to help anybody out with getting things organized, my schedule is a bit crazy at times as well, but I'm more than willing to do anything I can to help get everything together.

Sadly my 360 was away for repairs, 3 weeks later Arena was already largely dead :(
A proper tournament would be fantastic, and not only would it be nice to unlock those elusive 16 player achievements ;)

I'm pretty busy with real life stuff at the moment, but if you catch me on Live I'm always good for a game or ten (or to sit around in the lobby talking about old times.) Just send me an invite!

I'm reluctant to start a tournament proper, per se, since people's schedules aren't set in stone. I can guarantee that we'll have trouble with some no-show's and bad follow-throughs. A weekly 'game night', however, isn't attender-specific and can spark interest in a tournament down the line, perhaps.

Either way, I'm willing to set this up. My nights after 8:00 PM EST are pretty much free. I'll be starting another thread soon with a poll and some more info.

Remember #WingNut, too - it's the Senate cloakroom of the Wing Commander community... you can almost always find someone willing to at least duel hanging around (I know I don't keep my Xbox on when I'm not directly playing Tomb Raider or something, for fear of it exploding and destroying Maryland.)

I keep meaning to log on. I can't whilst at work, since our firewall blocks IRC protocols and the like, so it all depends on whether or not I remember to after I get home.

I seem to always miss you on Live, LOAF; you're not on when I log on, but after I finish playing a game I notice you were online and logged off a couple minutes before I stopped playing. ;)

#Wingnut is always a great time. My favorite time of year is the CIC bday when there's 40-60 people in there. It's like the old days of #wing-commander when it's almost impossible to keep up with the chat. Those were great.

I keep meaning to log on. I can't whilst at work, since our firewall blocks IRC protocols and the like, so it all depends on whether or not I remember to after I get home.

I seem to always miss you on Live, LOAF; you're not on when I log on, but after I finish playing a game I notice you were online and logged off a couple minutes before I stopped playing. ;)

I'm such a single player these days, anyway - Tomb Raider, Lego Star Wars, Orange Box...

I never was much of a Tomb Raider guy. Which one are you playing, Anniversary? Is it good? I've been thinking about getting it, although the free-running in Assassin's Creed may have spoiled me.

... and I'm thinking of getting Creed!

I'm playing Anniversary now, although Legend is probably the superior game. It's not the worlds greatest game, but it sure looks pretty and it's fun, simple action.

Back