Did you catch'em all already?

Yay, I got a Darkrai!

Both have been available in the US -- I picked up my Celebii at the Journey Across America 10th Anniversary mall tour and my Mew at a Toy R Us event (in early and late 2006, respectively.)

Thats great! I just got mine today, I'm very pleased with the results. This was the first Ninendo Event I've ever been to, so I can't wait to do more. They told me while I was there that they have other things to download for the DS, does anyone know what other things they have? Oh, I'd hate to be rude, but I still haven't gotten your friend code LOAF... just thought I'd remind you. Thanks.

Their's nothing wrong with an army of Darkrai...

I'd hate to face that army....

Are the new Pokemon any good?

I haven't really been following since there was just 150 of them (8 years ago or so). I've seen a couple of the new ones, but I thought they looked way too much like bits from the older Pokemon thrown randomly together. Might have been bad examples, though.

Both have been available in the US -- I picked up my Celebii at the Journey Across America 10th Anniversary mall tour and my Mew at a Toy R Us event (in early and late 2006, respectively.)

And here I'd been led to believe neither had seen US releases- I'm rather upset that I missed both, as I live 15 minutes away from one of the tour's locations, and a Toys R Us...

Are the new Pokemon any good?

I haven't really been following since there was just 150 of them (8 years ago or so). I've seen a couple of the new ones, but I thought they looked way too much like bits from the older Pokemon thrown randomly together. Might have been bad examples, though.

Some of them are quite interesting, like Dialga from Diamond, Skarmory, Espeon and the newer evolutions of Evee, Cranidos, and a few more I can't think of right now....

My friend code is: 2577-9585-8482.
Thanks LOAF!:)
I posted some pictures from a Pokemon Rocks America event a few years back: https://www.wcnews.com/news/update/5868
Very interesting... if only they would hold another thing for Deoxys and some of the other pokemon, that would be nice. (Seeing as I haven't a single event pokemon beside Darkrai.)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's odd, I expected never before seen Dark, and Ghost moves. I gave one of my Darkrai's Shadow Punch, Shadow Ball, Dark Void, and Nightmare.

To the best of my knowledge the only time a pokemon has a "unique" move its usually obtainable by normal means anyways. Ditto's Transform (also used by Mew), Smeargle's sketch, Chansey's softboiled... not fantastic moves by nearly any definition, although chainbreeders use Smeargle to pull all sorts of tricks with their egged pokemon, and Ditto was used as a glitch for shiny pokemon in original/metal generation.

Although, maybe Jirachi had something...

To the best of my knowledge the only time a pokemon has a "unique" move its usually obtainable by normal means anyways. Ditto's Transform (also used by Mew), Smeargle's sketch, Chansey's softboiled... not fantastic moves by nearly any definition, although chainbreeders use Smeargle to pull all sorts of tricks with their egged pokemon, and Ditto was used as a glitch for shiny pokemon in original/metal generation.

Although, maybe Jirachi had something...

Yeah, Jirachi does have a move that no one else can learn. The move is Doom Desire, and from what the website says, no other pokemon can learn it from egg moves, TMs, move teachers (NPCs), or leveling up.

In that case, it's the only one, so far as I'm aware; but Jirachi was available via preorder of colosseum, meaning if you had the money and interest he was VERY easily attainable no matter where you lived. Still, interesting little note there.

In that case, it's the only one, so far as I'm aware; but Jirachi was available via preorder of colosseum, meaning if you had the money and interest he was VERY easily attainable no matter where you lived. Still, interesting little note there.

There must be a million Jirachi-generating bonus discs floating around, though... so he shouldn't be too hard to still get today. People are welcome to come over and use mine, if they like. :)

(The biggest pain for me was Ho-oh. He's not exclusive to an event or anything... but you have to beat a series of a hundred trainers in a row in Colosseum. I ended up having to do it twice because I just couldn't beat the *last one* with the team I had the first time through.)

There must be a million Jirachi-generating bonus discs floating around, though... so he shouldn't be too hard to still get today. People are welcome to come over and use mine, if they like. :)

(The biggest pain for me was Ho-oh. He's not exclusive to an event or anything... but you have to beat a series of a hundred trainers in a row in Colosseum. I ended up having to do it twice because I just couldn't beat the *last one* with the team I had the first time through.)

I REALLY need to look into getting the Colosseum, Gale of Darkness, and Bonus Disk, I bet I could get at least a dozen Pokemon that I haven't obtained yet. It isn't too hard to find on ebay from what I've looked up....

I did further research and I found some more Pokemon that have totally unique moves learned by no other Pokemon. The moves are Psycho Boost for Deoxys, Aero Blast for Lugia, Sacred Fire for Ho-oh, Magma Storm for Heatran, Judgment for Arceus, Seed Flare for Shaymin, Dark Void for Darkrai, Heart Swap for Manaphy, Crush Grip for Regigigas, and Lunar Dance for Cresselia. There definitely seem to be quite a bit of moves that are unique only to specific Legendaries.

Hey! I just found something on Sererbii.net! It seems that Gamestops here in America are going to be giving away Deoxys for download on weekends from June 20th to 27th. This is great news for people like me! :D You can find the article in the image on their index page.

Attachments

• americandeoxysevent001.bmp
    195.9 KB · Views: 148
Pokemon Ranch was released on WiiBox Live Arcade today; you can use it to get yourself a legitimate Mew (transfer 999 Pokemon to the Wii and then trade an egg to the person who runs the ranch.)

Some of them are quite interesting, like Dialga from Diamond, Skarmory, Espeon and the newer evolutions of Evee, Cranidos, and a few more I can't think of right now...

Cool! I've never actually played it on the gameboy (maybe I played on a friend's a couple of times, can't really remember now), but I enjoyed watching the show and playing the card game with the other kids. It's cool that it's still going strong.

Hey! I just found something on Sererbii.net! It seems that Gamestops here in America are going to be giving away Deoxys for download on weekends from June 20th to 27th. This is great news for people like me! :D You can find the article in the image on their index page.

Correction, they will be having it on Friday June 20th through Sunday June 22nd and Friday June 27th through Sunday June 29th, and you should be able to downoad at absolutely any time during their store hours.

Back