Did anyone try modding Battlecrusier?

There's several Battlecruiser games and versions. His latest game is Universal Combat.

Enter the long awaited Universal Combat the fifth installment in the long running Battle Cruiser Series.

The new action-based focus of Universal Combat will take players from sea to land to space in a seamless massive space simulation. Engage in epic space battles, massive ground skirmishes, intense naval combat and fierce dog fights. A true sci-fi game of epic proportions, choose among 12 different races and explore 250+ planets containing more then 21,000 areas of interest (military bases, cities, star bases), fight anything anywhere anyhow.

Universal Combat with it's new action oriented play style and massive world will be sure to appeal to a wider audience of action and space sim fans alike.

ChrisReid said:
Well, sales are a pretty good indicator of how many people will recognize your franchise's name. There's been more Derek Smart space sims spending more time on the shelves than Freespace space sims. The whole internet acts like it knows who Derek Smart is and what he's done. Who recognizes Volition?

I think in BC's case most sales *do not* come from recognition of the franchise. I mean, BC gets such a bad rap that I think very few people would buy it if they knew what it was. I bought Universal Combat because it was cheap and the text on the box looked inticing, not because of recognition of the franchise (and boy did I get a surprise).

I suppose most people don't recognize Volition because they don't tie it to freespace, and Volition isn't nearly as controversial as DS. However, to make a counter point, how many people know that BC is made by 3000AD?

hurleybird said:
I think in BC's case most sales *do not* come from recognition of the franchise. I mean, BC gets such a bad rap that I think very few people would buy it if they knew what it was. I bought Universal Combat because it was cheap and the text on the box looked inticing, not because of recognition of the franchise (and boy did I get a surprise).

I suppose most people don't recognize Volition because they don't tie it to freespace, and Volition isn't nearly as controversial as DS. However, to make a counter point, how many people know that BC is made by 3000AD?

Rule of thumb: Never buy a game published by dreamcatcher interactive without first reading a variety of reviews. Maybe they've changed their ethic since (although I doubt it) but they are notorious for releasing crappy bug infested shovelware at bargain prices in shiny boxes. If I ever see that logo on a box I always wait, no mater how interesting the box makes the game look. Interestingly, I have yet to buy one of their games.

Back