Dibb's Salvage ( Planet ??? )

Michelle D

Captain
"Ah, you look like the adventurous type, why not take a look at this baby. Fine piece of Kilrathi engineering. This ones a fixer upper, if you take it off my hands I'll even throw in some air fresheners, you can never quite get rid of the smell... if you know what I mean. So how about it friend? ACCEPT < > REJECT

dibbs.jpg

"You're back again... good. I can feel you two were ment for eachother. Tell you what... why don't you hop on inside and take a look around, there's a hatch between the gun pods, then through the crawlspace to the cockpit... don't ask my why the cats made it that way... it's a tight fit for the average Kilrathi, but a tiny lass like yourself should have no problems in there."

Preview3fg.jpg

"Just couldn't stay away eh? I keep seeing ya around yet you still haven't bought anything... makes me wonder if there is something ELSE you're looking for... ahem... you know it gets awfully lonely out here in the salvage business." *Dibb's Kicks the dirt.

"...By the way I found these letters, probably written by the pilot of this craft... I guess he never got to send them. I don't know kilrathi but maybe you can find someone to translate or pass them on to next of kin... despite the war and all it seems like the right thing to do."

Take letters?

ACCEPT < > REJECT

"...really lonely." *Dibb's mumbling soflty while you make your choice

Preview3ssdfg.jpg

"Now thats down right spooky! she just started right up for ya...
Huh, guess she just doesn't like me... neither do you, as you're in such a hurry to leave. No offense taken though. * Dusts off pants

Well I put in some fuel, you're good till ( ??? Sector ), where I'm sure you'll be taking this in for repairs. I'll take care of your old ship for you, in case you want to buy her back.

Be seeing you."

Previewg9.jpg

hehe.. thats pretty neat!

thanks, I'm pretty satisfied with this model. I think it's the most accurate one I've made.

Anyways I'm a big fan of hot arid climates so I wanted to put together a scene like Privateers Ship dealer but in the desert and a little more interactive.

In this instance you get to deliver letters to a Kilrathi... setting up a meeting without catching the eye of Confed and not getting shot up by confed or the Kilrathi in the process would make a cool mission in a game. And then there is the actual meeting of the Kilrathi. Like meeting someone at a bar you get to see this person, maybe even become friends and do more missions for them.

It seemed like the Kilrathi were always hostile towards you no matter what in Privateer, it would be nice to have the chance to change that.

It seemed like the Kilrathi were always hostile towards you no matter what in Privateer, it would be nice to have the chance to change that.

You can make the Kilrathi friendly (or at least non-hostile) in Privateer, but it requires killing human-piloted ships, and more than a bit of application of the 3rd comm option ("make friendly", basically). As soon as you started whacking kats, though, the friendliness goes away.

Dibbs: "Well well look who the cat dragged in?"
I was thinking about you. I see you got the letters delivered, you make an old war veteran proud.

Oh, I guess I forgot to mention my service, but those days have long since passed.

So. Sorry for the mess.

Sand storm ripped through here not to long ago, took the shop with it, Luckily I had your ship instead of that old Gratha or I would have been planet bound when it struck. BTW seems you got the Gratha purring like a kitten...

( *Dibbs Chuckles ) I'm full of them today aren't I...

By the way, I snuck a peek at your manifest... I noticed you're carrying a crate of cold ones (other name inserted later)? Mind if I have a drink, it's mighty hot out here, then we could sit and talk for a while.

How 'bout it friend?"

Share Cargo of Beer?

Accept < > Reject

dibbs_place.jpg

Anyways I'm a big fan of hot arid climates so I wanted to put together a scene like Privateers Ship dealer but in the desert and a little more interactive.

Hey, where does the model come from? Did you make it? Are you rendering each piece as you go along?

hehe, yeah, I guess it's turning out web comicish.

The model is mine and I'm building a scene around it, and a story around the scene. :D

When ever I make a significant change to the scene I render it and try to figure out where I can take the story next.

I love the story that goes with the pictures. Makes everything so much more interesting. :)

Is the rusty look of the Gratha due to the arid climate? Also, in that last picture, I thought the plate sitting on top of the frame was a letter - made the picture look pretty odd and out of scale for a bit!

You can make the Kilrathi friendly (or at least non-hostile) in Privateer, but it requires killing human-piloted ships, and more than a bit of application of the 3rd comm option ("make friendly", basically). As soon as you started whacking kats, though, the friendliness goes away.
It's easy to manage in Righteous Fire, after accepting Lynch's offer to wipe your records clean. After killing a bunch of Retros, everyone in the sector will be friendly. Besides those intractable Retros, of course...

Back