Devastator Strats wanted

Well ive been playing around alot with the Devastator, but now I wonder what is your most effective strat using the Devastator

against Fighters
against CAPships

dodging missiles
using the turrets

I have no real strategy using the Devastator. But here is my common approach
against Fighters: Fly towards them and use Plasma cannon to great effect. Missiles against swarms of light targets (esp. Stingrays)

against CAPships: Fly towards the component I want to attack from the angle that covers me from most turrets. While the torp acquires a lock I shoot with the plasma at it, so that mostly only one torp has to be launched to destroy the component.

dodging missiles: I drop decoys or get hit. I never dodged a missile in a Dev. If they come straight for me, sometimes I can shoot them down.

using the turrets: I only use the turret when I am flying straight towards a specific target to get rid of troublesome pursuers.

Originally posted by Unforgiven
I'm very sorry, but Devastator Stratocasters don't exist.
Or is that not what you meant? :D

Just when I was wondering if I had been the only freak who thought about that kind of Strat after reading that topic :)

--Eder

well against capships, I fly by them at great speed using normal dragonflys to nnockout turrets that can hit me from the back, then I use my turrets to get any others. then I park right behind the bastard and fire plasma while getting lock with torp. then for bridges I go as far as possible get target locks with torps and make a few runs.

fighters, Mosquitos and Plasma, 'nough said

antimissile, decoy only

Ive found that moving away from all enemy fighters while taking control of the turrets is a perfect way of dealing with missiles since they only can attack you from behind you should easily be able to shoot down any incomming missiles.

Strats for taking down multiple fighters then? not 3-4 fighters but 6-7 fighters

I just kill them one by one, starting with easy ones (Moray/Stingray/Lamprey) then to the harder one (Manta/Devil Ray) and then finally the annoying (but mostly harmless) ones (Ray/ Remora/Skate).

Of course it's easy to write that down, if I actually follow this in "real" combat is another matter. :)

Yes, but all of you forget that we are speaking about the Devastator not the Black Devastator !!

nit,nit

Why have we? The "Black" Dev doesn't carry a Stormfire, only the Dragonfly is refering to the "Black" Dev and I never talked about those.

Nit,nit too :D

Well,the thing with Dev is this: It is created for a head-through-wall approach. Anything hostile in front of you has a very low life expectancy. If it gets on your six, it is another story...

lock afterburners, get that component you wanna blow up in your sight, slow down to 0 kps, shoot the hell outtovit, get out fast, blow that engine BOOOOOOM kitty li...... bug zapped!

and as for fighters, your a tank ffs, squishem with all the missiles ya gots, thats why they give you missiles right? to kill everything! remember! always afterburn! i dotn care what fighter your using! Afterburners are your best friend! weeeee

I like to replace the Plasma with the Bug Plasma using WCEdit and !@#$ %$* &$#!!!!!

Erm, sorry.

I did that once, but I don't think it's a good idea. Although it does less damage, the refire rate is incredible. And if flying around the Cerberus' plasma gun is bad, flying with a wing full of Devastators with Bug Plasmas is even worse!

That would definitely be freaky. OTOH, a fast firing plasma gun would make life very difficult for enemy fighters in your forward arc.

Best, Raptor

I don't know if this is still an issue -or ever was one- (I feel a bit strange at the moment) but the 'normal' WCP Devastator does not carry Dragonflies.

I think Mekt's right. But I always loved the Devastator, since I'm usually a decent shot with the plasma.

"Heh, heh. Stupid Manta. Won't even know what hit him."

<Fires>

"My thread is ended..."

:)

Back