Desperately Seeking WC Videos

Warghost

Spaceman
Okay guys, this is an odd request. I have been bragging about how impressive WC1 & 2 were to my friends, and I have convinced a couple of them how great the stories were and how cool everything was in those old games.

So, I was wondering if anyone here knows where I could download all the cutscenes and maybe a little bit of ingame flight sequences? I basically want to show them what eveyrthing was all about, and the nostalgia of revisiting them would be great.

Can anyone tell me where to look? Did anyone ever create a video storybook that's avaliable for download?

Thanks in advance for any info you guys can provide.

Are they prepared for the old game graphics? Because gamers today without the nostalgia of knowing how good those games were probably wouldnt give it a chance :( Youd probably have a better bet with Wc3 and 4, because the cutscenes age better.

Yep, they know that the graphics will be much different than what we're used to seeing, but I explained how old the games are. They should be okay with it.

Thanks for the link, that helps. Is there anything for WC1? The intro would be great. Also would like to find the intros to Privateer 1 & 2.

I don't know of any others. The problem with WC1 and 2 is that they generally aren't videos in the game, they're static images that the game tells how to talk with a script... so you can't just go in and extract a movie like you can with WC3+.

Someone made a flash movie using WC1 graphics, but a text about a petition for EA to released the source code, or something like that. It could be used to reproduce WC1 and WC2 dialogue much better than a FMV. Does anyone remember that?

Oh, but it'd be nice if someone were to use flash + talking head graphics to generate neat, crisp, low sized wc1-2 movies.

Hehe, it was a fairly well organized fan campaign to get Origin to release the source code for Wing Commander games... but it was a lot of effort for nothing -- there was never any hope that it would happen, which Jumper absolutely refused to believe.

Back