Dekker and his history

When Blair first meets Dekker in Intrepid's cargo hold, Dekker said he was a veteran of Repleetah and spent some time in a Kilrathi POW camp. I thought there were no known survivers from either side of the Repleetah conflict. Or was Dekker wounded and evacuated years before the conflict ended.:confused:

Originally posted by I'm thinkin...
When Blair first meets Dekker in Intrepid's cargo hold, Dekker said he was a veteran of Repleetah and spent some time in a Kilrathi POW camp. I thought there were no known survivers from either side of the Repleetah conflict. Or was Dekker wounded and evacuated years before the conflict ended.:confused:

There was fighting at Repleetah on and off from the 40s -- it was only the final battle that no one survived.

Dekker was taken prisoner in 2664 (just before the end!) and shipped off to a Kilrathi mining colony

I read somewhere that no ships had landed on the planet for years. How could Dekker or anyone else be shipped off the planet if that was the case.

Apparently the information I read was wrong.:(

I think it was more along the lines of that a thurough air strike by either side would have ended it but they didnt because both sides were trying to see who could win with the fewest resources.

Ships stopped *reinforcing* the planet... which is to say, no more additional troops and what-not.

Dekkar was captured in 2664, just before the end of the fighting.

Back