Death punishment in the WC-universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Napoleon

On to the DP (death Penatly)
The US is the only industrial nation (I chose idustrial rather than civilized becuase any nation or group of people who have the Civilian DP are by very nation uncivilized)

European arrogance should be given the death penalty. And why do you make the distinction of "civilian"? Oh wait...European countries have armies that kill people, so that's not uncivilised.

[Not to say that there aren't major problems with the death penalty in the US, nor that there aren't very good reasons not to have it, but sweeping arbitration of civilised behaviour are relics of colonial self righteousness and make me (as a European myself) very annoyed].

Originally posted by Viking26
Originally posted by Napoleon

On to the DP (death Penatly)
The US is the only industrial nation (I chose idustrial rather than civilized becuase any nation or group of people who have the Civilian DP are by very nation uncivilized)

European arrogance should be given the death penalty. And why do you make the distinction of "civilian"? Oh wait...European countries have armies that kill people, so that's not uncivilised.

[Not to say that there aren't major problems with the death penalty in the US, nor that there aren't very good reasons not to have it, but sweeping arbitration of civilised behaviour are relics of colonial self righteousness and make me (as a European myself) very annoyed].

Did I once mention europe???What I said was that a nation cannot be civilized if it practices the death penalty on civilian law breakers. Military Justice is totaly different because the members of the military entered into the military and swore to protect their country and to defend it's ideals. As such violating that oath changes the ball game considerably. BTW I never said that a country that makes war was civilized either as such the only truely civilized country by that definition is switzerland since they have not engaged in war for many many years (about 400). But I chose not to include war in my post because A. this is about the DP not war and B. Unlike the DP war is a necessary evil.

The death penalty: Wrong or not? That's beyond our scope...

Stupid European jackasses who use the subject of computer games to troll their useless political views? That's worth closing a thread over!

This thread is ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back