Dear LOAF

Ripper

Peace Through Superior Firepower
Kinda like Dear Abby, without effeminate responses.

Dear LOAF,

I tested the cloak on my Excalibur right before the run to Kilrah, then the damn thing wouldn't work anymore and I got my butt kicked. What did I do wrong?

Thanks, Ripper.

IIRC you can only use the cloak once, so either wait till nav 3 to cloak (before destroying the cap ship) and then autopilot to nav 4, or cloak right after launch and leave the damned thing on untill you're breathing up thrakath or hobbes ass. Uncloak and unleash a missile volley up his tail pipe. The later requires patience as you have to wait till your out of range of fighters before you can autopilot to the next nave point.

However once you are on the surface (I dont know if this is a bug from reloading the engine after the FMV sequence or not) you can cloak immediatly after you get there and avoid the enemy fighters all together until your ready to launch the temblor bomb.

Dear Abby,
You shoudln't have broken up with Dr. Carter.
Sincerely,
LOAF

(WC3 technically treats the 'ground' missions as separate from the space ones -- and a number of things don't carry over properly, including your power settings and the number of times you can cloak... which should be only one.)

Dear Fatcat,
It's a smaller version of this:
loaf2.jpg

Darkshear made it for me as my corporate logo back when the internet was new. I could probably use a smashing new logo, if someone wants to make one.

Warmest regards,
LOAF

Last edited by a moderator:
AD said:
IIRC you can only use the cloak once, so either wait till nav 3 to cloak (before destroying the cap ship) and then autopilot to nav 4, or cloak right after launch and leave the damned thing on untill you're breathing up thrakath or hobbes ass. Uncloak and unleash a missile volley up his tail pipe. The later requires patience as you have to wait till your out of range of fighters before you can autopilot to the next nave point.

However once you are on the surface (I dont know if this is a bug from reloading the engine after the FMV sequence or not) you can cloak immediatly after you get there and avoid the enemy fighters all together until your ready to launch the temblor bomb.

Dear AD,

You are almost completely right, but may I recommend forgoing the missile volley and simply ramming the bastard. The Excal can take it but the Bloodfang can't. Of course after arriving at the surface, your cloak will be back and all previously sustained damage will be gone.

Your humble and obedient servant, McGruff

You have to cloat at Nav 3. If you don't, than an endless wave of Sorthaks attack you. Not cool. Also, you can cloak when you are flying over Kilrah. Oh yeah, I like pie too, especially chocolate mousse, lemon meringue, pecan, and apple pie. :cool: :D

How did you manage to photoshop my face over Paladin's in Super Wing Commander and not use a picture where I'm wearing an eye patch?

Dear Jesus,

Thank you for the bacon hotdogs... you loser!

Back