Dead Fan Projects

Blair's Return

Took me a bit of searching but I found what I was looking for. Whatever happened to this project?
blairsreturn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hehe, look at the date that was posted and the quoted description of the game.

https://www.wcnews.com/news/2003/04/01

IN THE GAME YOU PLAY THE PART OF SPACE MARSHAL GEOFFRY TOLWYN, BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE BY THE KILRATHI TO PROTECT THEM FROM THE NEPHILUM. IN YOUR SPACE FIGHTER YOU INFILTRAET ENEMY SPACE AND FIND A PRISON PLANET. ON IT ARE MANY HUMANS, ONE IS COMMODOER CHRISTOPHER BLAIR. TOGETHER YOU FLY AWAY BACK TO THE AXIUS STATION WHERE YOUR BASE IS. WHEN YOU ARRIVED THERE, CHRISTOPHER BLAIR GOES CRAZY. *HE IS CONTROLLED BY THE NEPHILIM!!!!!!!*

Last edited by a moderator:
criticalmass said:
The simplest way to not have your fan project die: Do it on your own, and don't announce it before you're not 99% done. Umm, ya. (*stuffssomescriptintoadrawer*)
Actually, that's the simplest way for your fan project to never even begin. But yeah, something that's never even commenced can't die, so you're right.

Howard Day said:
Quarto: It helps to have people who're actually involved in the industry - who know exactly what needs to be done. (and have done it before) The thing that I see happening more than any other is that these fan projects bite off more than they can chew.
Yeah, naturally it helps if you have people who are actually involved in the industry - but how many of those do we have? I can't actually think of any others apart from you and me... and I got into the industry thanks to my experience with fan projects, not vice-versa :p.

Quarto said:
Yeah, naturally it helps if you have people who are actually involved in the industry - but how many of those do we have? I can't actually think of any others apart from you and me... and I got into the industry thanks to my experience with fan projects, not vice-versa :p.

You guys need to start doing some advertising then. I'm sure people would love to hear about the projects you work on for a living in addition to the WC ones you do in your spare time. And when I say I'm sure people would love to hear, what I really mean is I'd love to hear.

I do tell people about the projects I'm working on - when they're at a state to be looked at. :p
I try not to announce until I've got something at least half-way decent.

Wolf Dog said:
You guys need to start doing some advertising then. I'm sure people would love to hear about the projects you work on for a living in addition to the WC ones you do in your spare time. And when I say I'm sure people would love to hear, what I really mean is I'd love to hear.
Really not much to hear about. Standoff and UE are the two projects that I am most proud of - unfortunately, I haven't had the opportunity to do paid work on any project that would be anywhere near as interesting as either of those two.

Just so you know I'm going to speak for Spiritplumber when I say WCU is still Alpha. Version 1.0 was a mistake on our part and we really don't feel it was a "release", we're simply coinciding our version numbers with Priv Remake because we use the same base mod package.

Shipgate said:
Took me a bit of searching but I found what I was looking for. Whatever happened to this project?

hehe

I'm sure you could modify that game relatively easily with Wing Commander ships if you were actually motivated to do it. I did the player ship and one or two enemies, but I didn't really care enough to go any further and it sat on my hard drive until I made a screenshot for the April Fools update.

Back