Das Erwachen - Stille is done...

Deacan

Commodore
17. Dencember 2006.

The day is just a few minutes old. And I sit here on my keyboard with a novel on my display.

Yes, its done. Novel II ist complete, 404 pages in total - for now.

The major work will follow, search for error, mistakes and so on...

I raise my glas. "Thanks to all of you. Withiout you, this work is useless. Thank you!"

Deacan

Well, of corse it's to early now for details, but it seems that novel II will be about 1/3 more pages in total then the first book.

Coverart will be nearly the same as Novel I, just a cange of the major color will follow (red & grey)

Deacan
-back on his desk-

The working on novel II - Silence - searching for mistakes etc. - is still in progress. But I can tell you this:

Book III (!) has the working title: Das Erwachen - Trauma (The Awakening - Trauma). The major script is done, but I will not start writing before end of february. We still hope to complete and print novel II - silence inside the first quarter of 2007.

I also hope that the tranlator for novel I return on his desk, he seems to have several problems... Dear CriticalMass - I wish you and your family the best for 2007! Please get well soon!

Deacan

Well, we are half way there.

As for now I'm at page 219 with my first "revise" of this novel. The book itself grows up, from page 404 to 412. For now!

In the next days we try to finish the new cover of book II, it will be quite similiar to the first novel, but... well, you will see.

BTW, I still looking for a way to translate the first book. Or better, the parts in german language I postet inside this forum.

CriticalMass dosent seems to have the needed time...

Deacan

So we are ready for the next step.

Cover for novel II - Das Erwachen - Stille is (allmost) complete.

We choose to do this time in red...

Deacan (Thanks to Hudson)

Attachments

• book_2_cover_v4_klein.jpg
    book_2_cover_v4_klein.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 386
A word on the color for the second novel.

Yes, its red. The first book turn out to be blue and the 3rd book will be green.

Why? Simple answer: just take a close look at the CDs from the Privateer II game.
You will see that CD 1 is blue, CD 2 is red and CD 3 is green, well, at least the german version is colored this way...

We hope you like it.

Deacan

That's interesting. The colors actually varied a bunch. I've got a US DOS one here on my desk that is Disc 1 Orange, Disc 2 Red and Disc 3 Blue. I've also got a US Deluxe Edition here that's Disc 1 Brown, Disc 2 Blue and Disc 3 Maroon.

So... my work for now is done, now the book is in the hand of my lecturer.

Well, its big. Yepp, its really big and I mean it this way: 473 pages. Book I only got 335 pages in the same size (A4)...

Deacan

Great news!
Can't wait to hold the novel in my hands :)
I'm really curious if Chyna and Drake will meet again... maybe Chyna tries to kill Drake because she's jealous :D

Keep it up! :)

[edit] d'oh! Didn't realize this thread is from January 2007 and not 2008 ... Note to self: It's 2008 now ^^

Great news!
Can't wait to hold the novel in my hands :)
I'm really curious if Chyna and Drake will meet again... maybe Chyna tries to kill Drake because she's jealous :D

Keep it up! :)

[edit] d'oh! Didn't realize this thread is from January 2007 and not 2008 ... Note to self: It's 2008 now ^^

*smiling*

Hey, no problem. Its just a few days to go and anything is shiny again... Unbelievable, nearly one year is over since I wrote down the last few words of book II...

Can anyone guess that these words are? Well, besides the usual "...wird fortgesetzt" (to be continued...)

Deacan

PS: ähm... just a little word: Chyna will return... not on Deacans side... not on Hassans side... not as privateer... and not in book II. But at the end of III...

Can anyone guess that these words are? Well, besides the usual "...wird fortgesetzt" (to be continued...)

"Who was that guy...why did he laugh at Deacan so bad...and what's with that red nose? - to be continued"

"Finally it was Deacan's turn. While introducing the jump sequence one last thought came to his mind: Is the cake really a lie? - to be continued "

PS: ähm... just a little word: Chyna will return... not on Deacans side... not on Hassans side... not as privateer... and not in book II. But at the end of III...
I bet Chyna is the reincarnation of Kronos. At the end of book 3 she will build a timemachine and jump back in time to kick Arris' a** because he left her for Drake. Because of timelag she will turn into a male and stuff. And there you have it, the prequel to Privateer 2!

:D

"Who was that guy...why did he laugh at Deacan so bad...and what's with that red nose? - to be continued"

"Finally it was Deacan's turn. While introducing the jump sequence one last thought came to his mind: Is the cake really a lie? - to be continued "

I bet Chyna is the reincarnation of Kronos. At the end of book 3 she will build a timemachine and jump back in time to kick Arris' a** because he left her for Drake. Because of timelag she will turn into a male and stuff. And there you have it, the prequel to Privateer 2!

:D

:D ...oh well, well, well... The idea sounds "nice", but it tastes a bit to much of something like Doctor Who, don't you think?

Btw - the german amazon boys and girls are really fast! At this time the print of book II is not done, but they have already the novel on ther database!
Book II Stille...
As soon as we have the boxes full of wraped books in our hands, we will surely use that plattform for orders etc. - side-by-side with the normal, more direct way most of the people prefers...

Stay tuned. Its just a matter of a few days!

Deacan

Okay, I'm sorry for being a little late with the release of book II, but if you are going to fight against fever and a bad cold, you are stay rather in bed than checking your material for last changes...

I've talk to my printstore, and they promised me a fast start of printing. Please try to understand this: they need to take at least 7 hours for the printing and the complete makeover of the cover and the (book)binding - and they can only do this during a stop or a break of ther normal productionline! To pay for a complete half day and two workers for that time is way to expensive, thats why they make the date for the print - thats not my choice...

So, please have just a lttle bit of patience. The results are clear: a fair price, a good looking book and fun for the readers...

Deacan

...the countdown begins...

Only 48 hours to go till the offical release of novel II from the "Erwachen" - series!!!

Yes, we will have a little party at home, have a drink (or two) and we are happy to bring this to an end at all!

Deacan

I don't know what you are doing right now - I go and get a full load of books. Yes, as promised, my printstore call me 5 min ago.

So, novel II is complety and ready to go for a ride through germany, europe and the states...

Deacan

Back from the printstore! They did again a great job - the books are huge...

I put a 1-Euro for size comparsion...

Deacan

Attachments

• readytogo.jpg
    readytogo.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 180
  • size.jpg
    size.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 191
*update*

The mails are on their way, only one mail needs to be done right now, its a reader from the usa...

Deacan

PS: the first 3 novels are right now on the way to the readers... have fun with it!

PS II: to ChrisReid and the readers from the usa: one (!) book can be send on normal way (with ship, up to 20 days) for 4,50 € or via airmail (mx. 4-5 days) for 11 €! The major problem is the pure weight of the book...

Back