Darkdawn: Encounters

LeoCeballos

Chief Petty Officer
Hello fellow Wingnuts! I expect you all are playing Prophecy right now since it was just released on Gog. Or staring at the download bar like I am.

Well, I have something you can play ig you can't get to Prophecy right now (and if you have an Android phone or tablet)!

I've just released my first solo project, Darkdawn Encounters, to Google Play. Its a capital ship combat game; honestly it has more in common with STO or Bridge Commander than with the dogfighting action of a Wing game. Why did I go this route? Among other things, I just never really got into twitch-aiming games on a touchscreen. I think the tense tactical decision making of big ships is better suited to the controls available on a touch device.

Now, this is an "early access" version, and the game WILL be available on iOS and Windows Phone on full release. I'm also adding story-based scenarios; the current version is limited to skirmish and survival modes.
If it does sound like something you might like though, please give it a try and let me know what you think! I have big plans to expand the game beyond just combat, but I really want to get this part right before I move on.

Thanks, and happy flying.

Darkdawn: Encounters on Google Play

promo3.jpg

Great!,
I will pick that one up, I could do with a good space game on my Lumia!!
Any idea on dates for release?

Great!,
I will pick that one up, I could do with a good space game on my Lumia!!
Any idea on dates for release?

Well, I can only work on the game on my free time, so its hard to predict. Sometime in the 1st quarter of 2014 I think is a pretty safe bet, but I'm hesitant to say anything more specific than that. That would be (near) simultaneous with the iOS release. An Ouya version is increasingly likely also, but may trail the mobile releases by a week or two.

It looks great though I'll have to wait until the iOS release. It will be interesting to see the story when its done.

Hey, I remembered someone here wanted the Windows Phone version. Well, its up on the Windows Phone store now!

There are still massive updates coming soon for both versions (and the iOS version) but work is really sucking the life out of me these days. But more *is* coming. I did just integrate the promotional "ship viewer" to the main game, which is cool because you get some ship stats and tactical diagrams showing weapon mounts, as well as a bit of plot development if you read the descriptions.

Ah, that was me.
I have had a look on the store, I can't seem to find it? I have a windows 7 phone, is it for window 8 only? If so, I'll need to wait a couple of months until I get a windows 8 phone.

Oggy, yes, sorry, its Windows Phone 8 only. I'm building with Unity, and it never supported WP7. In fact if I recall correctly MS only really wanted you to use XNA for WP7 , which made ports much harder.

Back