Daredevil?

Mav23

Swabbie
Banned
So how many people here actually see the trailers for Daredevil and feel depressed? It just looks like a bad movie to me, but many people seem to think it will be awesome. Am I missing something here?

It's based on a comic book, isn't it? Maybe the people who think it will be great are those who like the comic book.

Maybe that's it. It's actually a kinda cool concept (the blind kid with extra sensory abilities), but the film itself just looks so awful to me. That costume?

Well I read the comic book and like it but I don't like the film. Actaully I think I just don't like Affleck and that Alias girl. Affleck is so not DareDevil and that girl is so not Electra.

The Hulk on the other hand looks damn good. Go Eric Bana!

Hope Marvel doesn't over do the superhero movie thing and I hope Warner Bros doesn't try to cash on it too and finally make that Superman movie ...

Bad costumes? Well, it is based on a comic book :). One of the things I especially liked about the X-Men movie was when they made fun of the silly comic-book X-Men costumes.

I watched X-Men twice. First time at a special screening (first in the world!) everybody there read comics and thus understood the joke. Then I watched it with some regular people and only 2 people laughed.

I also like how Stan Lee puts himself in every Marvel movie.

Bow down or I'll pull out my ROAD FLARE!
2004_27b.jpg

Daredevil looks terrible and the funny thing is we can't really put our finger on it. Oh, wait, its Ben Affleck. That says it all.

The Hulk looks too CG for my tastes.

And apparently, Warner Bros has two Batman movies in the works: Batman: Year One by Aranofski and another one by Christopher Nolan. I'm pretty sure "Batman/Superman" by Wolfgang Peterson got canned.

I think Daredevil actually looks pretty good. From Spiderman's trailers, it looked like it would suck big time. But I finally saw it last week and I have to say it was pretty good. So I might as well give Daredevil a fair chance. The Hulk looks good also.

Originally posted by T8H3X11
I think Daredevil actually looks pretty good. From Spiderman's trailers, it looked like it would suck big time. But I finally saw it last week and I have to say it was pretty good. So I might as well give Daredevil a fair chance. The Hulk looks good also.

You didn't like Spider-Man's trailers? I thought the teaser was awesome. Stupid terrorists had to make that never to be seen again though :(. The normal trailers were average, but they made me interested. Everytime I see a Daredevil pic I want to beat my head against the wall.

And Ripper: No.... just..... no...... :(

We'll just have to wait and see.

I did like this part in X-Men:

Wolverine: You actually go outside in these things?
Cyclops: Well, what would you prefer? Yellow spandex?

I think this movie is gonna suck. I love the Daredevil character and I'm guessing that the plot is similar to Frank Miller's storyline dealing with Bullseye and Electra from the 80s. But my fear is that theyve turned Daredevil from what he is in the comics which is simply an enhanced human with martial training into a second Spider-man. That's not right. Will the movie go as far as Miller did and kill Electra, or have an insane Bullseye walk down the street killing people? No. These comic movies all have one problem-They don't go far enough. THe violence is tame. The plots are tame. That bridge scene in Spiderman was good but come on its just a poor copy of the Gwen Stacy death from the 70s. Put Gwen in the movie, kill her off. Make the movies have some impact. Magneto's plot for domination sucked. THis guy can pull the Earth off its axis. Now don't get me wrong. I have positive hopes for X-Men 2 and the Hulk. I really enjoyed the Hulk preview when I saw it Super Bowl sunday. X-Men 2 seems to be an exciting adaptation of one of the better X-Men graphic novels, God Loves, Man Kills. So right now Im praying. And maybe Daredevil will prove me wrong.

Originally posted by Starkey
Nothing looks terrible anymore after you read this.

I laughed because I didn't think anything could be worse. I then clicked the link. You'll be paying my psychiatric bills from now on Starkey :(

Nothing looks terrible anymore after you read this.

Oh My Gosh. Battlefield Earth 2? I love Harry Knowles' descriptiopn of Battlefield Earth, "It's that brown thing that floats around in your toilet."

Originally posted by Starkey
Nothing looks terrible anymore after you read this. :( :( :(

good god man, are they insane?!?!?!?!?! Battlefield Earth 2!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! WTF were they thinking, that people actually LIKED the first one?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I hope they die making this new bane on the human civilization, for then they will automatically be recipients of the darwin award (for those of you who don't know what that is, it is an award given to those people who kill themselves in an extremely stupid way, like bungie jumping off a 70 ft bridge with an 80 ft rope, etc)

IMDB has no listing for a Battlefield Earth 2. However, it does list an animated series for the Sci-Fi channel.

Back