Dare I say a a new Wing Commander comic?

Chicken

Spaceman
After watching the WC comic that was never released I've come to one simple conclusion:

What the fork am I doing?

I've got time, patience and too many ideas popping out of my little head. Although I'm working on my own webcomic (yet to be released) the lure of WC is too much to resist.

Yes, I'm insane. At least the last time I've checked. I've watched others come up with ideas, now I think its time to gather strands and talent and put it to use.

I'm proposing on forming a team to produce an actual webcomic for the WC community. Right now I'm open to ideas, suggestions, and possible members to the team.

And yes, I'm serious about it.

It's time to unveil the few items I've planned for the series:

First off, what time setting?

I've decided it will be somewhere in 2664-7, the WC2 storyline. Original plans included a WC1 or WC3 setting, but WC2 and Fleet Action provide an already exciting backdrop. Besides, I'm a Rapier II fanwhore.

So what's the story and characters?

So far I've planned the perspective from Lt. Julia Manyard, yes a woman, to offer something a little different from the usual WC fanfare. The story, although in the works, simply needs more work and input. Henceforth why I want a team.

So what style of comic do you want to use?

First off, stuff any manga/manga like ideas. Japanimation has become cliche (at least in my opinion). It's gonna be cutting edge (essentially modernized styles similar ultimate X-Men, Danger Girl, and other realistic style comics). I plan to use a blend of pencil/ink drawing with CG and 3d models.

Do you plan to follow established canon?

Then you can call me a canon nazi! That's why we have LOAF. If something doesn't fit right, he can call me an idiot.

Do I need a team?

While 1 man could do it, it's far easier (and more efficient) for a team to handle the extensive work involved in a quality comic.

A basic team consists of:
Script writer/editors
Artists
More editors
3D modelers
Etc...

I thought there was a WC comic?

Yeah. But it never materialized so I wanna fix that.

If you wanna help Maj. Striker, feel free.

Julia Manyard Concept

Well WC fans, here's the first incarnation of Julia, the main character.

It's pretty rough and will head for revisions, but pretty close to how I wanted it.

C & C is welcome

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 210
I have always thought the idea of a Wing Commander comic book very appealing.
I wish you the best of luck in this project and I look forward to see your next picks.
BTW, your first concept looks good, keep it up.

I must say that in my forces experience I only met or two hot looking women. It's a strange thing but they almost entirely looked like GI Jane and her seriously uglier sister.

Make her a little more ugly.

Bah, this is for a comic, leave them hot looking. I like it.

You only met one or two hot looking women in your life ? How sad ! :p

PopsiclePete said:
Bah, this is for a comic, leave them hot looking. I like it.

You only met one or two hot looking women in your life ? How sad ! :p

He said in the forces...not his life. Clearly just walking down a busy street would probably perchance reveal at least one or two.

Ho, misread, sorry.

Anyway, comics always exagerate both male and female traits to make character extraordinary... all men are Mr Muscle and women hot babes. Even WCA did; noticed how Maniac was square-shouldered and muscled and how every women seems to be invariably wearing "C" size bra ?

I don't mind such exageration in a comic or anime... even in most Hollywood films :)

You can find pretty ones...you just have to look harder.

And most of their time they're already taken.

Also if possible does anybody have screenshots of WC2 uniforms I could use for reference?

With the possible exception of the Intrepid helmswoman - the uniforms in Wing Commander do with a little bit less flattery of the female figure.

I'd have it otherwise, but hey, thats just me.

People will be getting 'fan service' when I post more concept sketches, but that's because I draw semi-nude figures when trying to create the character and flesh out details.

Hell, one of my pet projects is a pin-up for use on Rapiers incomic... though I'll show it when I feel its the right time...:)

LeHah said:
With the possible exception of the Intrepid helmswoman - the uniforms in Wing Commander do with a little bit less flattery of the female figure.

I'd have it otherwise, but hey, thats just me.

Ah yes...a nice addition for WC4! Thanks for that reminder :)

Back