Damn

I have wing commander armada on floppys, well i did have now i just have copies of those disks (well actually copies of copies of copies) I have played it a lot.
Anyway has anyone else had this problem?

The problem of having a game you really like that keeps going wrong and you keep having to make yep another backup.
And they are backups from an original (that stopped working a long time ago)

Originally posted by Human Traffic
The problem of having a game you really like that keeps going wrong and you keep having to make yep another backup.
And they are backups from an original (that stopped working a long time ago)

the files are getting too corrupted? how about burning them onto a CD, which will last longer?

Thought of that, The only problem is MY Fast Machine (Athlon 1.4 - Clocked 1.7, 1024 MB Ram) Is too damn quick
And the machine i am running Armada on Has no cd drive :(

how about you make a backup copy that you put away and make further copies from that one instead of from the ones you had been using?

Make a CD so you have a more stable copy... Then copy the disks onto the hard drive of the computer you play it on. If something bad happens, copy the CD back onto disks and install it again.

(Make sure you place each disk in it's own directory on the CD, or you'll have problems when you try and figure out which files go on which disk)

TC

Originally posted by Human Traffic
Good Idea, I may just do that, Still pissed off I havent got working originals (A real pain to get in the UK)

try bugging origin about it :) it won't accomplish anything but you can vent your frustration :)

since some of the files are bad off you might want to look into getting a copy off ebay and using them as the templates for copying to the CD

I would get a copy off ebay, but its very very hard to get Wing Commander Stuff in the UK
alough i did find 2 Complete Copies of WC Saga in one day

[Edited by Human Traffic on 07-29-2001 at 22:19]

Disk Exchange is a service to paying customers. It's only normal that you can have your disks exchanged after they stop actively selling the game.

Back