Damn those Yankees...

Dundradal

Frog Blast the Vent Core!
So if you're a Red Sox fan like myself, the last few days have sucked. The Yanks got A-Rod (god help us all) and it's looking like it's gonna be another tough one for the sox. It seems that Steinbeiner really wants another ring and since he's been shut out the last few years he must be getting antsy (I mean he needs one of the those rings for every finger you know).

To all MLB fans (not yankees) let's hope something happens and yankee stadium just implodes from all the egos in the house that ruth built...

Sox in '04.....................maybe?

If you're a Red Sox fan like Dundradal, you're member of the Hopeless Loud-Mouthed Jackass Club.

Quit complaining, it could be worse. I mean, you could be living in Milwaukee and watching the Brewers. Oh, wait, that's me. Call me crazy, but I still don't understand how cutting the payroll from the already paltry 40 million to 30 million is going to help us field a winning team. And to think we the taxpayers just built these clowns a new stadium just a few years ago. Do you know what that says? It says that the team owners (our dear dear commissioner Bud Selig and his proxy owner daughter Wendy) are saying "F*** you, Wisconsin. Grab your ankles and prepare yourselves."
I'm not bitter. I swear.

I´m the worst case here. A Cleveland Indians fan from Brazil, where they don´t even show the games on TV so I can see my team lose :(

Yeah that's true but it still hurts...but I've got a good feeling about this year. Red Sox in '04...Pats have won twice, maybe it will rub off on the sox...

Don't watch baseball much but the closest team for me are the Mariners, or as we call them "choke artists". There are legions of Mariner fans up here that are more loyal than SeaChicken fans. Not for to much longer if the Mariners break out some Sojo Mojo and actually win something, instead of having the best record in baseball history and still not even making it to the World Series (that was a few years ago).

Damn Yankees? HA! They'll need all the help they can get if they plan to beat the Florida Marlins this year. HA HA HA! What a great World Series...

I loved every minute (except when the Marlins lost) of that World Series. I've been a fan of the Marlins since they started up in 1993...wonderful stuff.

Starkey said:
<remembers 1997, hides under the bed and starts crying>

Wonderful World Series, wasn't it? I still have my t-shirt that proudly proclaims their win, with pictures of everyone on the team. I wish they could have done that with the 2003 one, but I still like the design of it.

Hey do the Marlins have a minor league team for training. IF they do I think I have a freind that is playing for them right now, or was. After 2 years at UW I know he got picked up by somebody, and I could swear that it was the Marlins.

Jacob said:
Wonderful World Series, wasn't it? I still have my t-shirt that proudly proclaims their win, with pictures of everyone on the team. I wish they could have done that with the 2003 one, but I still like the design of it.

Wonderful for you :(

Well, it WAS a great series indeed, I was really thrilled in game 7. As for the Indians, I think Hargrove did a great mess in keeping Mesa out there when he was clearly unconfortable. You could see in his face that he was gonna blow it, the Brazilian commentator kept saying that before he made every pitch.

Hargrove was really good dealing with hitters, and, in my opinion, a subpar manager when it came to pitching. 10 out of the 10 biggest mistakes he did when managing the Indians were bad pitcher choices. But hey, he could always say in his defense - as he kept saying after 1997 - "Mesa was my closer, so I had to send him to close the game".

Even though they cruised in the 6, 7 and 8 innings, he wasted three relievers - Assenmacher, Mike Jackson and Brian Anderson for two outs each, brought Mesa in, he blew it and guess what? Indians were out of relievers for the extra innings. So he brought in a tired starter - Nagy - and you know the rest.

"A-Rod to the Yankees...it'll be more fun this way . This way, when we do win it all, and you all are out there flipping birds back and forth with Yankee fans, you'll be smiling a whole lot wider." -Curt Schilling

I like Curt's style. He loves to fuel the fire.

The commericial he did for dunk's (I think) is classic...he's listening to an audiotape trying to learn the boston accent...it's a wicked pissah....

Yeah, although I tried one of those Maple Cheddar sandwiches, and they're nothing special. The warm apple pies aren't so good either. I perfer that my pie not touch the microwave.

Not that this has anything to do with baseball. Dauber looks really good in spring training; with Nixon out until May, hopefully we'll see him in the DH role a little more.

Dundradal said:
Where are you in NH RedDuke btw? I'm up at UNH...

Ya, I meant to say something to ya, I'm also at UNH. Should be graduating in December. In the meantime, I've been lurking here at the forum. Just registered a couple of months ago, figured I should give back a little.

Not a good showing for Petey and the boys last night, eh? 14 LOB. Ouch.

Yeah we got spanked, first UNH gets knocked out then the sox...although it's only the beginning...

anyways that's cool you're also up there...I'm a bro at PKT (if you couldn't tell) and I'm always over the house...in the area stop by and ask for mchale...

Thanks, I might just do that. Been a while since since I've been down to the frats - used to party with SAE back in the day, that is, before they were, uh, evicted...

My name's Will, btw...

Phi Kappa Sigma just lost UNH recognition....and did u hear how a pledge at Sigma Beta was a narc?

I'm not sure if we are having a party this weekend but come by thrusday or friday night...I'll be there both nights....

Back