Damage / upgrade problem

U

Unregistered

Hi,

I just installed Privateer Remake 1.0, and after a few missions my armor was no longer showing up in the upgrade/repair screen in the dealership. I can't purchase armor because they're all red even though I have plenty of money, and I can't repair my armor because it doesn't show up. Finally, the upgrade screen always wants to offer me a basic repair, and lists a price, but when I buy it I'm always told that no repair is required.

Is this a bug? Is there something I'm missing? The game is rather difficult with no armor.

Unregistered said:
Hi,

I just installed Privateer Remake 1.0, and after a few missions my armor was no longer showing up in the upgrade/repair screen in the dealership. I can't purchase armor because they're all red even though I have plenty of money, and I can't repair my armor because it doesn't show up. Finally, the upgrade screen always wants to offer me a basic repair, and lists a price, but when I buy it I'm always told that no repair is required.

Is this a bug? Is there something I'm missing? The game is rather difficult with no armor.

I don't quite "get" what "Basic Repair" is all about. I always have to go through and select each of my systems to see if they require repair individually. Anyway, have you checked to see if your hull requires repair? Click on it and see; if it's damaged, I don't believe you can buy additional armor until you repair it.

Basic Repair repairs all of the things you cannot repair individually - things like HUD static. It really should be called "Other Repair" or "Service".

And AFAIK hud static is the only reason why I should use Basic Repair.
I just don't understand how the price of that repair can grow so insanely huge if I don't do it regularily. What does it include exactly? Screw tightening? Wax'n polish?
Most funny thing is that when you buy a new ship, basic repair cost stays the same...

I thought in the original that if you bought a repair droid then then all the static stuff would eventually go away as the droid fixed everything.

basic repair could now be removed, but we chose to keep it like this.

it might be removed in the future.

in the original, i dont remember hwo it went, but it was either :
land and the cockpit is auto fixxed
or
fixing the pertaining system fixes that display.

-scheherazade

I've noticed that I'm eventually getting too much credits and don't know where to spend it to... There should be more things I must pay for, perhaps jump fuel would cost 50 credits per gallon etc.? :)

You are charged 50(?) credits every time you land as a docking fee; part of this fee goes towards replenishing your jump fuel if neccessary.

If you've literally bought everything you can, then you can do the following:
- visit other bases to make sure you haven't missed anything rare
- buy an new ships and start spending money on that.

Most people don't complain that they're making too much money...

In the original I commonly had too much money, as I'd basically save up for a Centurion by the time I'd started the campaign, and have a full compliment of tachyon guns and whatnot soon after. But I can't imagine running out of things to buy when you can outfit multiple ships, and a multi-million credit Drayman with a fighter compliment.

And yeah, something needs to be done about Basic Repair, it's a bit confusing. I wish there were a Fix All instead.

And as long as I'm complaining, I wish my list of upgrades didn't have everything under categories. I mean, how many radars do most people have, anyway? ^^

Doomclown said:
And as long as I'm complaining, I wish my list of upgrades didn't have everything under categories. I mean, how many radars do most people have, anyway? ^^

This is a general interface issue with all the new menus. Sometimes catagories are warrented, sometimes not. The problem seems to be that they're *always* there (the catagories) - maybe they should auto-collapse if only one item was contained in them (e.g. displaying RADAR: OMNIEYE on one line, instead of RADAR -> INTERMEDIATE -> OMNIEYE).

The place where this hurts the most, IMHO, is the Exchange. Every single catagory except ships and contraband contain only a single entry. That's just downright annoying!

Back