Dallas system

Hooyah

Spaceman
What is the deal with the Dallas system on the star map? Its jump route is just a circle around the system.

It´s a joke between some old Origin employees and Mr. Dallas, Mr. Dallas (an Origin employed) always said that he was the one who worked too much there

In English, when you say Mr. [put name here], you are usually referring to his last name... :) Besides, I assume it's the same in Spanish, since it's the same in Italian and French...
Señor Blair, signor Blair, monsieur Blair...

Originally posted by mpanty
In English, when you say Mr. [put name here], you are usually referring to his last name... :) Besides, I assume it's the same in Spanish, since it's the same in Italian and French...
Señor Blair, signor Blair, monsieur Blair...

Yeah...... Mr. Panties.....:p

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
Again bragging about your language skills, heh?
Well then: It's "Herr Blair" in German too. :D

That is correct, Fraulein Mekt! j/k:D

Fräulein Walz would be more appropriate... :p
Originally posted by Ghost
It´s a joke between some old Origin employees and Mr. Dallas, Mr. Dallas (an Origin employed) always said that he was the one who worked too much there.
So wait... there's a system that had no jump route leading to it (I don't know, I don't have the map) because of a guy who never left his desk? :)

Originally posted by mpanty
Fräulein Walz would be more appropriate... :p

So wait... there's a system that had no jump route leading to it (I don't know, I don't have the map) because of a guy who never left his desk? :)

Well... not really. Dallas Snell was Origin's VP of New Technologies back when Origin was still experimenting with new technologies (DYR General Snell from WC2?). He was involved in many of the famous Wing Commander and Ultima titles over the years...

The *rumor* is that the Dallas System in WCP was a reference to an organization chart he once released for some project -- that was just his name with a line pointing back to himself.

Back