CZ groups

Mav23

Swabbie
Banned
I was reading another board post about why they like the site, and one poster said "because there are no special groups that you have to get into to be respected", and it got me to wondering. Do you think there are any little groups here? If so, which groups?

There are groups, but I don't think it's all about respect. It's more about friendship. #WingNuts, for example, talk with each other all day long on IRC. Some of us have been doing that for years. Friendships are bound to develop when you interact with others like that. I can honestly say that I've met some of the best friends I've ever had via #WingNut. It might make some feel excluded, but that's not what it's about. I'm pretty sure that most of us are intelligent and mature enough to give the same amount of respect to everyone (unless they prove undeserving, of course) regardless of whether or not we're friends with them.

Originally posted by Mav23
I was reading another board post about why they like the site, and one poster said "because there are no special groups that you have to get into to be respected", and it got me to wondering. Do you think there are any little groups here? If so, which groups?

Nope.. And it's just like one of you non regular #wingnut chatters to suggest so!

Re: Re: CZ groups

Originally posted by ChrisReid

Nope.. And it's just like one of you non regular #wingnut chatters to suggest so!

L:D L

Hey, I tried #wingnut once, right before the birthday before last. For some reason I wasn't really motivated to return.

It was probably the threat of us giving away prizes or having more than 50 Wing Commander fanatics together at once. I just picked up some shoulder holsters to give away at our Prophecy launch party.

It'll be the first CIC related party I've been able to be at more than 20 minutes of in three years!

You mean the Prophecy GBA launch?

And no, I don't think there are any real 'groups' - every individual is distinctly different to me. You can't even call the administration a 'group' since they mostly have different icons reflecting their different personalities. I suppose whether one is a regular or not in #WingNut may be a barrier of sorts, but I don't think it's a really severe one.

[On the other hand, perhaps the fact that there are a relatively small number of people here makes it easy to distinguish individuals.]

Back