CVE landing and launch bay

BurningWolf

Spaceman
I'm certain this has been pointed out at least once before, but at the risk of being torn apart verbally... ;) I will now ask my question.

Where the heck is the launch bay on the CVE class? I've looked at a few pics ( including the cover to End Run ) and I can't see it.

Not a big deal, just something that has been bugging me for a while now.

It's on the underside of the ship so you can't see it from above like on the End run cover. And it's a fly-through bay like on the Victory.

Oh, okay. Thanks Lynx. My mind is at ease.

Do you ( or anyone ) happen to know of a pic where it is represented? Or am I left to my imagination? Again, just for my own curiosity...

Do you ( or anyone ) happen to know of a pic where it is represented? Or am I left to my imagination? Again, just for my own curiosity...

Since the only official artwork of a CVE is the End Run cover, it isn't represented anywhere. Anything we know about it comes from the descriptions in the text.

It's on the underside of the ship so you can't see it from above like on the End run cover. And it's a fly-through bay like on the Victory.

It's a bay with a single entry port, like those found on the Concordia in WC2 -- Bear complains about that early in End Run.

So it's not a fly-through. Fighters land and launch from under the ship, and the bay faces aft of the ship. Got it.

KrisV, thank you for the pics. LOAF, I bow to your knowledge, thank you. And Lynx, thanks again.

Right. I got that much. I just couldn't figure out where it was on the ship and which direction it faced, forward or backward.

Back