Custom Fighter

Ijuin

Admiral
All right, I'm going to try this one more time since both the previous threads seemed to wander off topic quickly. The object of this thread is to create your own WC ship the way you want it to be. No overkill, please, and please try to keep on topic. I want to see what kind of ships you guys design. Images are welcome but not necessary. Serious submissions only, please.

Let´s see....
The Topic drift IS common when the people doesn´t have nothing to write about the first topic, the topic drift IS your friend
Please don´t post each day the same thread ,if the people want to write something about it they will write, don´t bash us with the same topic again and again

dredn_2.jpg

dredn_3.jpg

TCS Iwo Jima CV-85
Iwo Jima class Strike Carrier
200 Kps Maximum Veloclity
150 Kps Cruise Veloclity
Phase Shields
Bridge 2000 cm
Engine Armor 2000 cm
Side Armor 2000 cm
Top Armor 2000 cm
Bottom Armor 2000 cm
Flight Deck Armor 2200 cm
3 Dual Anti-Matter Gun Turrets
2 Capship Missile Lanuchers
20 Dual Laser Turrets
6 IR Missile Turrets
80 Fighters
1 SAR
2 Condors
6 Shuttles
1 Squad of Marines

ignore the black lance logo on the side its just a placeholder while we texture it

Hi,

Nice, but isn't one squad of marines too few for a cap ship.

My custom fighter (Wc4 ish) would be:-

Max Velocity: 480ks
Max Afterburner: 1300ks
Max ab acceleration: 1300k/s2
YPR 70/80/70
Shields (all round) 300cm
Armour (all round) 100cm
Gun Energy: 1000nj
Rcharge: 40nj/s

Guns:4 light tachyon cannon
2 stormfire

5 x 2 medium missile hardpoints.

It is meant for hit and fade attacks hence the decent speed acceleration. In a heavy fight, if the shields don't regenerate fast enough, you have to get out of there.

I guess either Hurricane or Lightning for the name.

Cheers

Originally posted by Ghost
A Strike Carrier with no fighters?

it has 80 fighters look under the the ir missile launchers

Originally posted by panther
Nice, but isn't one squad of marines too few for a cap ship.

thats just a security detachment most carriers dont have alot of marines stationed that was new with the midwayt he marines have theyre own ships

marines have theyre own ships

Hmm., Ok.

Nice looking ship though. T'would be a pleasure to fly off her, even though she does have the typical confed problem of "oh let's put the bridge where everyone can hit it":D (She would fit right in with the Carrier fleet in End Run etc)

Cheers

it is a new ship we are using for the Wing Commander Saga mod its a new confed carrier design for dealing with the nephilim.

Okay. Seems like a new carrier design popping up every few months or so, doesn't it? :)

What's the purpose of the asymmetrical design? And what's that starboard protrusion in the top picture - launch bay? A big gun?

i made it out of legos and that how the original one was. and the protusion was an engine but now its kind a observation deck with a small engine room for the one beside it

Original what? Your design or Lego's? ;)

I just noticed, those are awfully big white pipes at the back. What are they for? And don't say beer! :)

I recommend shrinking them or disguising them as something else - they can only make Lego pieces so small, and I don't think capships usually have gigantic capacity pipes.

Unless it's coolant for some ridiculous new superweapon... :)

Ah, I see. You made the model out of Lego and another person modelled it on computer for you. Correct? It's a bit hard to get the point when you just said "the guy".

Nevertheless, my recommendation about the pipes stands.

yes someone else modeled it ont he computer for me. and im sure we will make a reason for the pipes to fit into the story

Back