Custer's Carnival

Bob McDob

Better Health Through Less Flavor
What do we know about it? I know that it was to cover some botched Kilrathi invasion, and that roughly half of the relevent information is in the TC Handbook, which I've lost...Is there anything about it in WCIIIN and FA (since those are the two I haven't read...yet).

Basically...

The Terran Confederation attempts a major amphibious invasion of the K'razna Colony in the G'wriss System. Confederation marines establish a beachead on the planet before an unexpected force of Kilrathi fighters destroys their space support. Ten Drayman transports carrying 2,000 marines retreats to Terran space, pursued by Kilrathi fighters. Without support, their fate is sealed. Commodore Geoffrey Tolwyn makes the TCS Tiger's Claw the flagship of a tiny squadron, sending it into Kilrathi space to fight a delaying action until further reinforcements can arrive. During the action, Tolwyn relieves Captain Thorn of command of the Tiger's Claw, charging him with cowardice in the face of the enemy. Tolwyn takes command himself. Over three days more than half the Tiger's Claw pilots are killed in action -- and the carrier herself is crippled, losing three-quarters of her engines. The surviving marines escape, and Tiger's Claw spends six months in drydock being repaired and refitted. Two Gold Stars (as well as other medals) are awarded to Tiger's Claw crewman -- one posthumously, and one to 2nd Lt. James Taggart.

Stuff comes from all over...

- Basic story is from Claw Marks.
- Mention of G'Wriss system is from TCH.
- Name of the actual colony is from VoW.
- Number of marines is from the WC1/2 guide.
- Tolwyn's taking command is from the WC3 novel.
- Paladin's medal is from the WCP guide.

Wasn´t that unexpected force of kilrathi fighters MK1 Dralthis, wich weren´t supposed to have range to support the battle?

Originally posted by Rami Sihvo
Wasn´t that unexpected force of kilrathi fighters MK1 Dralthis, wich weren´t supposed to have range to support the battle?

Different battle -- you're thinking of Epsilon Prima.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Stuff comes from all over...

- Basic story is from Claw Marks.

Amazing piece of research. Nice work with the sources. You are truly a WC academic.

Originally posted by Delance
Amazing piece of research. Nice work with the sources. You are truly a WC academic.

I think Chris Mungo´s research was even more impressive.

2649 is correct -- 2644 was a *different* battle in which the 'Claw saved the day, mentioned in the original Claw Marks.

Back