Crazy Things You Did While Playing WC

QuailPilot

Spaceman
Tell how you did somthing funny/cool/interesting/stupid while playing WC. I'll start off. I got a big chair and set up my laptop. I got a helmet and flight suit, and put it on. Plugged in my joystick and played WC 1. The chair I have resembled the seat in wc1.

The thick rubber gloves from the Wing Commander III/IV flight suit costume make actually playing the game impossible.

I drove to another country to play Prophecy Advance with people from different continents.

Last edited by a moderator:
ChrisReid said:
I drove to another country to play Prophecy Advance with people from different continents.

Yep I quess that beats all

I know for a fact that Chris himself has done far more impressive things than that for Wing Commander... the trick is that Canada isn't very far from Seattle.

Yeah, it just sounded neat when I wrote it like that.

prem09.jpg

the craziest WC experience i had was having my best friend coming up to room when i was playing WC3, so obsessed playing that i did not notice him, until he shouted in my ear "you pethatic descendant of monkeys", taking at least ten years of my life.

the most obscene i did was in tie fighter, flying home with a broken joystick :cool:

I was playing Wing Commander 3, eating pizza, and tuna fish during a typhoon on Okinawa. And good ol' Mountain Dew!:D

I Installed WC2 on a 286 with EGA Monitor and a Sound Blaster that I aquired with much difficulty. The HD had just about enought to install WC, 40MB, and the installation process took about 4 hours because the files had to be converted to the EGA format. I could just play the music on a few occasions, like cutscenes and the menu. The game runned slow on 16 color interlaced graphics. And it was worth it.

I wouldn't say it's crazy but my mom let me skip school the day WC4 came out and I played it for 12 hours straight, if not longer.

Sadly, one of the best days of my life.

Delance said:
I Installed WC2 on a 286 with EGA Monitor and a Sound Blaster that I aquired with much difficulty. The HD had just about enought to install WC, 40MB, and the installation process took about 4 hours because the files had to be converted to the EGA format. I could just play the music on a few occasions, like cutscenes and the menu. The game runned slow on 16 color interlaced graphics. And it was worth it.

That reminds me of when I installed wc3 and wc4 (not at the same time) our 386sx-16mhz Pc with 6 megs of ram, 1 meg vga card, and 100mb HD. I had to do it in windows (to use the virtual memory to fill out for the eight megs of ram that the game actually need. Amazingly enough it ran. Mind you it was mind-numbingly slow. althoug the combat played faster than the movies did.

I once dove over a couch headfirst to rescue my WCKS, Disc 2, from a 2-year-old's clutches... :D I bled for an hour and scared the snot out of the child, but it was worth it... Damn women should watch thier kids better...

Let see -
1. I remember borrowing my uncles motorbike helmet and played Wing Commander, cant remember which one but it dragged over to the Star Wars sims, xwing and tie fighter, fortunately when xwing alliance I didnt stoop that low as my sense of maturity got the better part
2. I did something similiar to what manic did about diving over the couch, but it was my pet dog that was in my wrong whilst cleaning my room and it almost pissed on wing commander games collection. i was sorting out my stuff and my dog just walked in

But then how could i hate my dog.....

3. my mum when was i wee lad went into my room and started cleaning out my junk and she took my box of all computers games which she thought was junk evne thou i labelled it not to touch and I had to go the bin and pull it out amongst getting crap all over myself...

Had Just Finished getting my last wing commander game cd from the store (Wing Commader the deluxe addition.) I played through the game beat it and the SO 1 and 2. Carried over my kills to WC2, beat it and the SO 1 and 2, Used nortan disk editor V 6 to edit Save game to carry over kills into WC3 , and 4. By the time I was done, I had over 2,000 kills. Anyway my dad thought I was playing to many computer games, so when I was out with my friends he collected all my games and gave them away. Still to this day I have not regain my collection. I only have: WC4, WC3, WC: Armada. I got Prophecy later, But never got 1 and 2 back or academy. I did a similar thing with my BMX racing helmet, but with Jet Fighter. I was slightly older when I played WC1 and 2.

I don't remeber it clearly...but my friend and I played Armada and we didn't run into another till we found no other planet to strip of resources. We had converted all our resources in fighters and then meet.
Only having the keyboard, with a horrobile keycombination that made it nearly impossible to fly (next time I will check the settings before starting the game) we needed about 3 hours till the last fighter was down.
During that time we tried to bump the other away from the keyboard (forcefeedback is nothing against that ), pressed his firebutton so he would use up his energie before he could get you into his crosshair and so on.

That where my worst and best 3 WC hours I had.

PS: It was interesting that we had complete oposite ways of fighting. He was with light confed fighters and big numbers while I had more med and heavy kilrathi fighters.

I was walking to the bus stop, with WC3 and a Creative Labs 4X CD-ROM Drive+ SB16 multimedia kit in my backpack, on my way to my sister's place (she had a new 486DX2 66MHz with 8MB RAM). then a bad guy approached my ona bike and told me he wanted my backpak and wallet... (hint: he was robbing me). So I pushed him, he fell with the bike, and I ran like hell, while an old lady screamed... I'd kill that bastard (the mugger, not the old lady) if he came after him, NO ONE WOULD TAKE WC3 from me!!!!

Edfilho said:
I was walking to the bus stop, with WC3 and a Creative Labs 4X CD-ROM Drive+ SB16 multimedia kit in my backpack, on my way to my sister's place (she had a new 486DX2 66MHz with 8MB RAM). then a bad guy approached my ona bike and told me he wanted my backpak and wallet... (hint: he was robbing me). So I pushed him, he fell with the bike, and I ran like hell, while an old lady screamed... I'd kill that bastard (the mugger, not the old lady) if he came after him, NO ONE WOULD TAKE WC3 from me!!!!
That one takes the cake.

Back