Counting 20 posts for word game

criticalmass said:
I'm fine with the rule itself, mind you. It maybe not the best rule in the world, but as it has been stated, it's easy to follow, practical and effective. My argument went against the way of instating it - which, in my humble opinion, fell a little short of " fair, intelligent and pull-no-punches board moderation". No offense intended, you will even find that I addressed a positive comment towards Hades for his statement - it was not until this thread that I even though about offering an opinion.

Well, the other option we were considering was just capping and closing the thread at 10,000. I think adding the buffer between posts was a very fair way of putting it. Twenty posts is on the high side on purpose. We don't necessarily want it to be a daily thing, because that still leaves open the potential for mindless abuse. By straining it quite a bit, those who are still interested can occasionally participate without going all the way and closing the thread. And if everybody just forgot about the word game, we wouldn't really be any worse off. As I said earlier though, there's plenty of other good stuff to talk about.

I would have to agree with the above. I think the word game has pretty much died now.

Anyways, does anyone know what morrowind has to do with moron?

Chris: I agree. I just happen to be one of those stubborn guys who talk back a bit too much when provoked.

Happy Camper said:
Anyways, does anyone know what morrowind has to do with moron?
If I would give you one of the possible answers to that, I would very likely be banned.

Trelane said:
I don't remember making a bet, but I'm not one to turn down free cake.
Trelane, I'm curious, how were you able to write over 90000 posts in 5,5 years? :confused:
That's like, almost 50/day. That's some dedication ! (either that or you're chained to your PC since the start of the millennium :D )

I owe belated thanks to the super-cool Trelane because once in my intemperate youth, I posted a picture which would have surely bought me a ban if it had been discovered by any of the other powers that be. I'm assuming of course that the statute of limitations has now passed.

That's funny you say that. Cause once I posted a link to what I thought was a funny flash toon but afterwards decided that nobody would probably like it and it'd get me in trouble. Trelane was nice enough to delete the thread. Thanks buddy!

One time, some guy registered the name ihatechrisreid, and started a mean thread about me, and Trelane killed him for me.

I'm not gay or crippled, but back in high school there was a Chris Reid who had a sister who was pretty hot. The disturbing thing is that she looked an awful lot like Chris with long hair. (shivers)

ghost.gif

Back