Could you Make a Program That...

Concordia

Swabbie
Banned
Could you make a program that could create (not just edit) wing-commander weapons, fighters, ships, edit their stats, paint the ships? Just one program that can do all this?

-Concordia

Oh yeah, it definitely can be done... just not by anyone here. Besides, all these things can already be done. Indeed, apart from actually making the models and textures (which can be done in a dozen professionally-made software packages far better than anything we could come up with), most of those things can already be done using a single tool, WCPPas.

All in all (and I apologise in advance if I'm misreading your intentions) it seems to me that the reason why you're asking for this uber-tool is because you don't know how to use the existing tools, and you don't want to even try learning to use them. In short, you don't know how to use the wheel, so you want somebody to invent a new one for you :p.

Actually Quarto,

I only was asking because I was thinking of putting all this WC-editing stuff into one package. Rather than having a 3D-editing program to make the model, then incorporate it into another program, then make stats for it and edit it, using another, and then all that, and then incorporating it into another model, I was thinking of a program that could do it all itself.

Basically, it could make the ships, paint them in (not anything fancy, just to like WC3-WCP spec.), and then create, and edit stats, add weapon mounts and stuff and then import it through an easy to use interface. Easy to use being the key word.

The only reason I'm asking for a new wheel, so to speak, is because the previous wheels are shaped like octagons :p.

-Concordia

Unfortunately, those lazy fan project people are too busy curing cancer to develop a multi-million dollar 3D package so you don't have to load two programs while adding new space-ships to SubSpace.

Bandit LOAF said:
Unfortunately, those lazy fan project people are too busy curing cancer to develop a multi-million dollar 3D package so you don't have to load two programs while adding new space-ships to SubSpace.

Bandit, I was talking about a bunch of computer guys. Not Doctors or Geneticists or anything!

-Concordia

Concordia said:
Bandit, I was talking about a bunch of computer guys. Not Doctors or Geneticists or anything!

-Concordia

80% of the world's population of Computer Guys were killed off during Hogan's Rebellion of 1993 - that's why they never seem to do anything.

Concordia said:

<Ignoring possible sarcasm on your side>: And that is a contradiction how? I am right now doing research in Genetics and I am surely from the category "computer guy". That stuff is called Bioinfomatics

Back